Paulo Sousa Sacked

Day

Leicester City has today announced that they will be parting company with manager Paulo Sousa, with immediate effect.

Current goalkeeper coach, Mike Stowell and coach Chris Powell, will take temporary dual charge of the first-team for Saturday's match against Ssausagehorpe United at the Walkers Stadium.

The decision has been taken as a result of the club's poor run of results this season.

The club would like to state that Paulo Sousa is a first-class individual, but that this decision has been taken in the best interests of the club and our ambitions to move up the npower Championship.

The search for a new manager begins immediately and the Club anticipates a quick appointment.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2171377,00.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to post that one Daveo! :)

Did they sign Liam Rosenior yesterday, I know he was due to sign?

Although I don't wish the Foxes too much good will, of course, I do hope that it's a good experience for Chris Powell. One of my favourite players from the Jim Smith days. All the best to him.

I was just about to post that one Daveo! :)

Did they sign Liam Rosenior yesterday, I know he was due to sign?

Although I don't wish the Foxes too much good will, of course, I do hope that it's a good experience for Chris Powell. One of my favourite players from the Jim Smith days. All the best to him.

Well, Sousa didn't last long, did he?

Agreed, best wishes to Chris. Top bloke.

Be interesting to see who they get in, without looking at a Leicester forum I know the name that will be on every Leicester fans lips...Martin O'Neill, surely he wouldn't go back would he?

You wouldn't think so. Although with new owners in there, they might have a pot of money to throw at the right man - that might tempt him. But I can't see it to be honest.

How about PJ? We'll give him a reference :D

My tip? Alan Pardew.

Be interesting to see who they get in, without looking at a Leicester forum I know the name that will be on every Leicester fans lips...Martin O'Neill, surely he wouldn't go back would he?

They may have a battle on their hands if that little drawf leave the tree huggers. Some want Billy out and Martin in.

I know the connection with Liecester and Forest but I find hard to believe he would go to either of them when he did such a great job at Villa and lets be fair the Man Utd job will be up for grabs soon, Furgy cant go on forever

Wouldn't say he "deserved" to be sacked, with any new manager it takes time for him to get his style of play across to the players, you can't do that in 9 games. Does Hodgson at Liverpool deserve to be sacked?

Wouldn't say he "deserved" to be sacked, with any new manager it takes time for him to get his style of play across to the players, you can't do that in 9 games. Does Hodgson at Liverpool deserve to be sacked?

No, but then Hodgson's teams don't play the terrifyingly dull style of football that Sousa's teams do. If a team is trying to win then the fans will stick them even if they're losing. If a team is trying not to lose, and can't even do that, well they're going to be struggling.

Archived