time to protest?

Leeds Ram

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not yet however i have a few facts, the turnover was 19 million pounds two years ago, they also recieved 4 million pounds in catering rights, so far that is 23 million, just for one year turnover and catering rights, the assests of the club are estimated at 67.5 million pounds. Glick 3 years ago quoted the debt to start with at 37 million, this thanks to financial planning had apparently appeased it to 15 million, this is the mortgage on pride park, this is paid off in installments with low interest rates. However the 37 million is a mysterious figure becasue that leaves 22 million open debt, when the 3 amigos left we had a 40 million debt, gadsby i am certain along with other partners put personal wealth into this and cleared it so the club was officially debt free. so we had no debt at the start of the premiership campaign to my knoweldge, so over the course of 6 months we managed to weadel ourselves into 22 million pounds worth of debt, money may have been borrowed under the pretence of t.v money, if so then the americans in fact have done absolute zilch since they arrived, they trimmed the squad. This of couse is based on snippets which i ahve been able to gather up, i'm not saying i'm right or this is the full picture. The latest accounts havn't been published, also the assests is from two eyars ago along with the turnover. The assests include player registrations, the wages were i believe somwhere around the 22 million figure, so they have moe than halved the wage bill.

i dont think they have lied? when they have needed to they have spent money, all be it unwisely but they have. at the same time they ave reduced the wage bill signifcantly. as well as reducing the debt the football club owes again massivley.

as well as trying to help the club be in profit, in perhaps the worse times finacially, for football clubs and every other business. with advertsing revune always going down with other businessess having to reduce there costs.

if anything this board has been very open about most of its dealing. as i said before clough hasnt been the man to chase someone and get into a bidding war, rather picking players who want to play for the club, and picking them up for next to nothing, and most of his sihnings genrally reciving posiive reviews. wheras the last couple of big money signings previous managers have spent have genrally not been well reicved by fans

i would say the lack of money spent would be the lack of risk clough is willing to make on a player in him rather have a flop of a player on small wages costing the club £100,000, than a pile of crap signing for £2mill whos does next to nothing on massive wages.

i dont think they take out moe than what is allowed, there are many investors whos money will need paying back too. or are you not allowing them a salary?

the team is lacking in strength in depth but again, the rebuilding work that clough and his management squad are having to undertake, im not surprised, and with out injuries we would have pretty much a normall squad. but as clough has said this season consttant injuroes wont be tolerated but its hard to make money on players who are allways injured.

well yes they have lied, baker type fees when neccersary, it was pretty obvious we needed a striker and they didn't spend a penny. From what i can gather they havn't spent much but have indeed got the debt down, this however was covered by t.v money already so in fact did nothing, they have cut down the wages, tbh we need to get rid of pringle, deeney, buxton these have been no good and wont be. Clough bought martin but i don't know what for becasue he never plays him. Again when players are needed the board don't respond, they also said a wage budget of 10 million would be fesable, yet it was 10 million last season, even further cost cutting has happened, i am worried by the lack of an experienced striker who is proven.

By the way just to let everyone know there is a protest being held against the board for the sheffield united game.

By yourself.

honestly if you and a group of idiots drive this away then you want shooting. They are getting the club on a FINANCIALLY SOUND FOOTING. Would you rather be edging the Playoffs but at the brink of extinction?.

By the way just to let everyone know there is a protest being held against the board for the sheffield united game.

seriously?

again derby fans amaze me at there brilliance, oh no we sold rob hulse, how on earth will we score! i know lets protest, cause we hate americans so it must obviously be there fault

if you think getting rid of our top scorer and replacing him with an 18 year old is acceptable then good for you, however i don't and nor do many others. People ahve been lied to blatantly and there needs to be a changed. Spending 1 or two million pounds wouldn't put us in financial peril, to say so is ludicrous. When you buy food you don't invest in the club, you invest in a company in maryland. I for one am sick of the squad being cut to the bare bones and the fact is we ahve won 30 out of 111 games under the g.s.e regieme. I am going to ask for my money back for my seaosn ticket because they have broken their commitment to the club so im going to do exactly the fu**ing same.

if you think getting rid of our top scorer and replacing him with an 18 year old is acceptable then good for you, however i don't and nor do many others. People ahve been lied to blatantly and there needs to be a changed. Spending 1 or two million pounds wouldn't put us in financial peril, to say so is ludicrous. When you buy food you don't invest in the club, you invest in a company in maryland. I for one am sick of the squad being cut to the bare bones and the fact is we ahve won 30 out of 111 games under the g.s.e regieme. I am going to ask for my money back for my seaosn ticket because they have broken their commitment to the club so im going to do exactly the fu**ing same.

A) He's 22

B) I never said it was acceptable but they are the best board we have had in a decade and were still a club for the forseeable future, which has been in doubt for years.

C) Have I said it's ideal? No, but still, it's the best we can get. So why moan and groan when **** all is going to change

D) Spending 1 or 2 million wouldn't but it's that kind of mentality that has put us in peril

E) The GSE regime took over part way through a disastrous EPL campaign which will affect the statistics

F) What commitment? They said the money could be spent if the right players were targeted, who's to say that Cywka didn't use a sizeable chunk of the budget up on his wages?

We are trying to secure the financial future of the club. Rather than falling in the same old trap of spending money we don't have on players we don't want. Which seems to be the path you would rather us take

im not a fool im just a realist

derby is a tinpot club in the midlands, who peaked in the 70s, sure we have a good history but then so does alot of clubs. believe it or not we dont have a magic right to be in the prem like so many of our brilliant fans seem to think. if we could become a midtable team in the prem then brilliant (because honestly it would be, we dont have the fanbase and or the money to evert compete higher than this)

i would love our board to splash the cash and sign big name players, but honestly, there is alot of overated, overpriced 'stars' out there wsho i dont want at this club.

i can see what the club is trying to do, bearing in mind the club has had a massive shaking up at everylevel of football. you know 3/4 seasons of steady growth with younger players isnt a bad thing (which if youve not been listening to anyone of cloughs staff involved with the club this has been there plan since when they arrived)

i actually quiet like your posts yr, but i just think your wrong on this issue, a period of protest would do nothing for the long term future of the club

(and im standing by my point of our fans are rubbish, except most people on this board, as otherwise i wouldnt psot here)

It's easy to get confused. People are saying that it is the board who got rid of Hulse. This is not the case. Clough is told what he can and can't spend and has decided to get rid of Hulse. For reasons I'm unsure but I'm guessing it's because £1m in the bank is better than an injury prone high wage player.

The board have been prepared to invest money. They bought in Varney, Dickinson, Green, Commons, Hulse, Barker and Porter. Some of these were big fees and some were offered big wage contracts. So to protest on the grounds that they haven't invested any money doesn't make sense.

Spending money is not a guarantoor of success. We spent less money in 09/10 than in 08/09 but finished 4th places higher in the season we spent less money on transfers. Varney and Dickinson are perfect examples of wasted money. Hulse is kind of debatable.

We can't afford to throw £1-2m on players like Hooper or Sharp which could simply end in a bidding war. We can't win one of those when it's against clubs who have sugardaddies or are prepared to plunge into debt for a play-off space.

I am so happier in the situation we are now than the situation with Jewell at the start of 08/09 where Paul Jewell had blank cheques.

not yet however i have a few facts, the turnover was 19 million pounds two years ago, they also recieved 4 million pounds in catering rights, so far that is 23 million, just for one year turnover and catering rights, the assests of the club are estimated at 67.5 million pounds. Glick 3 years ago quoted the debt to start with at 37 million, this thanks to financial planning had apparently appeased it to 15 million, this is the mortgage on pride park, this is paid off in installments with low interest rates. However the 37 million is a mysterious figure becasue that leaves 22 million open debt, when the 3 amigos left we had a 40 million debt, gadsby i am certain along with other partners put personal wealth into this and cleared it so the club was officially debt free. so we had no debt at the start of the premiership campaign to my knoweldge, so over the course of 6 months we managed to weadel ourselves into 22 million pounds worth of debt, money may have been borrowed under the pretence of t.v money, if so then the americans in fact have done absolute zilch since they arrived, they trimmed the squad. This of couse is based on snippets which i ahve been able to gather up, i'm not saying i'm right or this is the full picture. The latest accounts havn't been published, also the assests is from two eyars ago along with the turnover. The assests include player registrations, the wages were i believe somwhere around the 22 million figure, so they have moe than halved the wage bill.

How much did Gadsby sell Derby to Adam Pearson for? Lets not forget, Gadsby sold the club to Pearson, then he sold it to the Yanks (and was made director of football in the deal). I just find it hard to believe that they would clear the debt with they own money, then sell the club.

actually pearson didn't own the club, gadsby sold to the americans under the pretense of a 50 milion investment. A lot of people like myselof are angry that we have been lied to constantly, the team is run on a shoestring budget, first they said a 10 million wage budget was good enough, then we got it down, now they want to trim it further. The club is in a position of danger in this division, we currently have one fit striker in the entire squad which is bueno, he is a player who has no experience in this league or country. We have won 1 out of 5 games, we have lost 3 and drawn 1, never mind nice football results is what matters, if we don't beat sheff utd then confidence could be in trouble, then we go to hull needing to do well.

A) He's 22

B) I never said it was acceptable but they are the best board we have had in a decade and were still a club for the forseeable future, which has been in doubt for years.

C) Have I said it's ideal? No, but still, it's the best we can get. So why moan and groan when **** all is going to change

D) Spending 1 or 2 million wouldn't but it's that kind of mentality that has put us in peril

E) The GSE regime took over part way through a disastrous EPL campaign which will affect the statistics

F) What commitment? They said the money could be spent if the right players were targeted, who's to say that Cywka didn't use a sizeable chunk of the budget up on his wages?

We are trying to secure the financial future of the club. Rather than falling in the same old trap of spending money we don't have on players we don't want. Which seems to be the path you would rather us take

a good post however glick promised barker type fees when needed, this hasn't happened, a lot of people felt they have been lied to. The protest i imagine will only be a small affair if it's there at all, somone said they are having oen simply because they are so angry, the financial future is secure, it has been secure for a good while now in fact, according to them they cleared all but 15 million ( the mortgage which takes a long time to pay off in interest installments) 2 years ago, they have been claiming debt reduction since, technically they are right but nay buisness mind would know that unlike the title of this the club was secure. G.s.e themselves don't put mmoney in, it's silent partners in canada who actually own the club g.s.e as a managment company just manage it

But its 5 games, look at Billy Davies starts with us and Forest, look at Jim Smith start in 1995.

all ahd a pretty big budget and billy was proven at this league, the blackpool happens once in a blue moon, if that is what the board are hoping for we mmight as well pack up now, glick wants the playoffs this season this shows the naeivity of the man. I personally would rather they tell us the truth about what is happening and the same with nigel, if nigel had some ba**s and told us what is happening i would ahve respect for the man, instead of hints like cup run money ect.

all ahd a pretty big budget and billy was proven at this league, the blackpool happens once in a blue moon, if that is what the board are hoping for we mmight as well pack up now, glick wants the playoffs this season this shows the naeivity of the man. I personally would rather they tell us the truth about what is happening and the same with nigel, if nigel had some ba**s and told us what is happening i would ahve respect for the man, instead of hints like cup run money ect.

Blackpool, how bout Charlton? Barnsley? Hull? Burnley? maybe these all didnt do it as cheap as Blackpool but its proof its not once in a blue moon

Archived