Are Forest Skint?

Day

oh very early days Feve i agree....a lot could still happen yet in these last 6 days of the transfer window for starters...but there's definitely something going off behind the scenes that we're being kept in the dark about. I just think we could have and should have sorted the squad out more efficiently before the season began.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were silly prices being asked at the start of the window JR. Still time to get a few in though & then the loans are always an option. The prem clubs don't have to name the 25 until 24 hours after the window shuts. Then we should see some more action.

There were silly prices being asked at the start of the window JR. Still time to get a few in though & then the loans are always an option. The prem clubs don't have to name the 25 until 24 hours after the window shuts. Then we should see some more action.

I sincerely hope you're right Feve, normally done pretty well out of the loan system...apart from the Boyd one muddying the waters....good to try and stay as positive as possible during this mini wave of uncertainty.

LTLF, VitalForest and the 606 mobs tend to have their ears closest to the ground...its just a case of then sifting out the half genuine stuff from the rumours and tittle tattle.

Its not that i'm feeling particularly negative about Forest this season...its just that we appeared to have stood still a little bit whilst others have added to and revamped their squads in playing catching up from what we achieved last season. The Championship as a whole will be more competitive than last season albeit without a Newcastle and West Brom romping away at the top...unless Warnock keeps it up at QPR!

Forest still have time Jonny, but that clock is ticking. I think Forest fans after finishing 3rd last season expected to kick on and add to the squad and do a Newcastle this season, but that doesn't look to be the case.

What has happened is Forest have weakened the squad, it's thinner than a pair of Jordan's knickers. You've made just one loan signing till January, Billy is spouting off in the media already and you've got one player refusing to sign a new contract.

Other promotion clubs on the other hand are making signings, Boro have strengthened with decent sigings, Cardiff have brought Bellamy in and QPR are looking unstoppable. Add to that Burnley, Bristol City, Reading etc. and promotion doesn't look so easy now.

We needed a left back & we got one !

I do want to see Forest bring in a few. However after securing a left back the other positions became icing on the cake. Good to have no doubt, but at this point in time we have enough to get by.

We have a good squad & we will get more players in at some point. We have to patient now to see if the wait has been worth it.

It's all up to the boys NFAP

i certainly wasn't expecting us to do a Newcastle this season...i was thinking it would be harder to replicate the magnificent home form we had last season (and we did end up looking a little wobbly but i put that down to tiredness of a long hard slog with a small squad having used the least number of players) so it was imperative that we improve on our away form...4 wins last season was poor considering relegated Plymouth won 6, but so far 2 away games, at fairly tricky and well fancied teams admittedly has seen our winless away streak stretch to 12 since January.....a few more and the confidence and self belief might start showing a few cracks.

But won one, how many have Forest won? 0

In our prediction thread for August I said 4 points, a draw on Saturday and I'm spot on. We are unlucky not to have 5 points after the 3 league games so far.

I saw the Reading keeper handed you a point, had he not done that you would another place closer to being in the bottom 3 wither a fiver in the bank.

But won one, how many have Forest won? 0

In our prediction thread for August I said 4 points, a draw on Saturday and I'm spot on. We are unlucky not to have 5 points after the 3 league games so far.

I saw the Reading keeper handed you a point, had he not done that you would another place closer to being in the bottom 3 wither a fiver in the bank.

Hat trick on sat :cool:

Taarabt vs Savage on saturday will be an interesting encounter thats for sure....a QPR fan was on 606 on saturday evening already stoking up the fire saying Taarabt will 'meg him inside the first 5 minutes'.

I would say Derby are lucky that they played Leeds the first game of the season because they've certainly picked up their game since then!!

I can see the bottom half/relegation zone being one almighty tussle this season with noone being cut adrift so that means there could be somebody in for a nasty shock....Scunny and Barnsley prob are the two weakest teams certainly on paper.

As for 'are Forest skint?' haha give over...its one of two things going on...

1)we've got the money but aren't prepared to pay over the odds for players and therefore playing a waiting game as we know the AP only want players they know will add extra quality to the squad. Alternatively we are waiting until loans are available and will take a fringe player from the prem

maybe with a view to buying later.

2) the AP are digging their heels in with Billy and transfers and this has created a bit of a standoff that has brewed and kept bubbling under the surface since the non activity in the last January window....thus lending credence to the speculation that Billy is having his exit engineered one way or the other.

Its all very intriguing. :cool:

Archived