Clough questions Derby County approach

Day

no because g.s.e took over just afte janurary and gadsby was in for a couple of years, well i don't know who could/should take us over i imagine there are plenty of candidates, actually we are one of the teams with a couplke of injuries we could go down, to think we couldn't is an overestimate of ou team

I can't see how many people would want to take over a club with a history of instability. See, I think we are good enough for a top half finish. With injuries, we might flirt with relegation but I don't believe we will get relegated. I think we've got a lot better from last year. Brayford and Cywka in particular are 2 players who have impressed. Plus we'll Addison back this season, Mark o'brien is promising etc. There's a lot of reasons to be optimistic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
addison is going to be missing for the whole seaosn with his foot injury for him to regain full fitness, we are one of aound 12 teams who could get relegated

He'll be back in the NY, last time I heard. The beauty of this League is, anyone could go down. Look at Palace when Dowie was there, bottom at Christmas, promoted by the end of the year. We are one of the least likely to go down of those 12

they havn't got a clue about the game

Not being funny but I think your pretty clueless and I'm saying that in the nicest way possible, I think the Yanks have they're heads screwed on.

• Blaming Clough for signing Commons

• We should have a 25 goal a season striker

• Green was the holding midfielder against Leeds

• We should sign Wilshere on loan

• Morgan-Smith is rubbish because Stockport rejected him and he plays in Blue Square North for Ilkeston Town, but we should sign Randall because he's had a cracking pre-season against Blue Square Premier teams.

Just a few little gems you have come out with in the last couple of weeks. You claim to be "realistic" but in all honesty I think your living in cuckooland. Your constant berating of the board based on guesses and your 'facts' is getting very tedious, we didn't have any after the Leeds game because we won, soon as we lose again it all comes pouring out again.

addison is going to be missing for the whole seaosn with his foot injury for him to regain full fitness, we are one of aound 12 teams who could get relegated

Isn't that another way of saying we're not a top half team at the minute?

Stop with the doom and gloom. We've beaten one side who are being tipped to do well this season, held our own against another team with good prospects and a great centre forward - its definitely not time to get the warfarin out yet.

Not being funny but I think your pretty clueless and I'm saying that in the nicest way possible, I think the Yanks have they're heads screwed on.

• Morgan-Smith is rubbish because Stockport rejected him and he plays in Blue Square North for Ilkeston Town, but we should sign Randall because he's had a cracking pre-season against Blue Square Premier teams.

Just a few little gems you have come out with in the last couple of weeks. You claim to be "realistic" but in all honesty I think your living in cuckooland. Your constant berating of the board based on guesses and your 'facts' is getting very tedious, we didn't have any after the Leeds game because we win, soon as we lose again it all comes pouring out again.

Agreed.

Just a few little gems you have come out with in the last couple of weeks. You claim to be "realistic" but in all honesty I think your living in cuckooland. Your constant berating of the board based on guesses and your 'facts' is getting very tedious, we didn't have any after the Leeds game because we win, soon as we lose again it all comes pouring out again.

randall had a good game against a.c milan i believe are they a blue square premeir side? the green comment was a couple of days after the leeds game, i made my comments very clear it looked prmising but don;t get carried away, again the commons one i got mixed up with croft because we signed him some time ago, my memory isn't the greatest daveo and is a weakness of mine. This is why i do screwy in exams because my memory is like a hazy fog. All im saying is relgation is one of a number of possibilites which this club finds itself in, i havn't approved of the board for a long time, i hate glick with a passion in all honesty, he's vey swarmy and a blatant liar. I ahve said that it is one of the possibilities, but fans will vote with their feet soon, this has been shown in the attendence figures and seaosn tickets are reportidly down by a thousand daveo.

but fans will vote with their feet soon, this has been shown in the attendence figures and seaosn tickets are reportidly down by a thousand daveo.

I do agree this could be an issue, because last season the quality of football was appalling. But, this season I have seen an improvement

so have I, however the defnese wasn't good against leeds and wasn't good against cardiff either, every team needs to start from the back in my opinon, and at the back we havn't played well so far.

The defence was OK. But, their marking left something to be desired. Often not covering the goalside of the attacker. But their recovery was excellent

I'm not overly concerned that season tickets are down - I bet they're down a similar proportion across all teams in the division.

but last seaosn our attendence for the first game was 33,010 i believe i may be wong but it was somtihng like that, cardiff brought 600 so lets say peterobrough brought 3,000 if you add 2,400 to the attendece it still only comes out around the 27,000 marker, also the seaosn starts around the same time every year thus holidays and school closures can't be blamed for it.

I think it's obvious you have a bad memory YR, you obviously have forgot how this club was close to going under, you have obviously forgot about the 3 Amigos because surely if you remembered this you would be so grateful we had a board in place that is trying to steady the ship and get the club on a sound financial footing.

Yes we're not aiming for promotion, we not going out splashing the cash and it can be frustrating at times being a mid table club with average players, but I would rather have to put up with this for another 2-3 seasons than see the club splashing the cash again and going under and having no Derby County.

I'm a happy Derby County fan right now, we have a manager that cares about the club, we have owners that have they're heads screwed on and we're finally starting to look like a club again and not a circus.

I suggest you pick up a few Derby books and jog your memory with just how close this club came to going under, then you might be a little more grateful to the Americans for what they have done since arriving.

I think it's obvious you have a bad memory YR, you obviously have forgot how this club was close to going under, you have obviously forgot about the 3 Amigos because surely if you remembered this you would be so grateful we had a board in place that is trying to steady the ship and get the club on a sound financial footing.

Yes we're not aiming for promotion, we not going out splashing the cash and it can be frustrating at times being a mid table club with average players, but I would rather have to put up with this for another 2-3 seasons than see the club splashing the cash again and going under and having no Derby County.

I'm a happy Derby County fan right now, we have a manager that cares about the club, we have owners that have they're heads screwed on and we're finally starting to look like a club again and not a circus.

I suggest you pick up a few Derby books and jog your memory with just how close this club came to going under, then you might be a little more grateful to the Americans for what they have done since arriving.

Nail on the head Daveo, nail on the head. The only thing that really grates me about the board is the ticket prices

right first of all daveo that addresess none of my points which were made in all reality, yes debt reduction is a GOOD thing, and yes it does have to be balanced out. You never answer my points, you go off on a tangent about a similar topic and tke what i ahve said out of context. Yes the board have done a good job about getting the debt down, yes they need to invest more than they have, and yes glick probablly did tell us a little lie to give people optimisim about signings in the summer which havn't materialised and probablly were never going to materialise.

The only thing that really grates me about the board is the ticket prices

I think when people moan about ticket prices they need to have a look at other clubs, ticket prices are pretty much on par across all clubs. When I read your post I thought I'd compare ticket prices with a pretty average Championship Club so Barnsley popped up.

Barnsley Ticket Prices

Adults - £25.00

Senior Citizens (Over 60) - £13.00

Derby Ticket Prices

Adults - £25 - £29

Senior Citizens (Over 60) - £14.50 - £17.50

Compare the two grounds, staffing costs, Policing costs etc. our tickets are pretty fairly priced as far as football ticket prices go

right first of all daveo that addresess none of my points which were made in all reality, yes debt reduction is a GOOD thing, and yes it does have to be balanced out. You never answer my points, you go off on a tangent about a similar topic and tke what i ahve said out of context. Yes the board have done a good job about getting the debt down, yes they need to invest more than they have, and yes glick probablly did tell us a little lie to give people optimisim about signings in the summer which havn't materialised and probablly were never going to materialise.

My last post to you was about your memory loss in a reply to a thread which you banged on about your poor memory. I don't really think that is going off on a tangent.

I think when people moan about ticket prices they need to have a look at other clubs, ticket prices are pretty much on par across all clubs. When I read your post I thought I'd compare ticket prices with a pretty average Championship Club so Barnsley popped up.

Barnsley Ticket Prices

Adults - £25.00

Senior Citizens (Over 60) - £13.00

Derby Ticket Prices

Adults - £25 - £29

Senior Citizens (Over 60) - £14.50 - £17.50

Compare the two grounds, staffing costs, Policing costs etc. our tickets are pretty fairly priced as far as football ticket prices go

Fair enough, but they have done away with student concessions etc. This prices me out of everything except the odd game atm

Fair enough, but they have done away with student concessions etc. This prices me out of everything except the odd game atm

Welcome to the adult world, you will be moaning that you have to wait till your 60 for a bus pass next :D

Archived