Stats - The Championship Years

Yani P

Thought I would put up a few graphics that I have pulled together so show how good/bad/indifferent we have been since our demise from the Premier League. After todays match we have now completed 598 consecutive games at Championship level - at least we will get to see our 600th.

The chart here is just a simple game 1 to game 46 visual of how we progressed and where we hit our infamous flatlines. Doesn't need repeating but the 2020-21 season really does stand out right now as our low point.

season end - season comparison  - 1.JPG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up a simple table comparing first half of the season and 2nd half comparisons with varainces (difference between first half and 2nd half point) the amber coloured table just highlights how the season rates (1-13). Again, no prizes for guessing where 2020-21 ranks.

season end - halves points comparison - 2.JPG

This next table splits the season into 4 (unequal) sections - just to provide a guage of how we are doing at different sections of a season. I decided on first 8 games and last 8 as these are crucial for a strong start and/or strong finish - the other 2 sections are the 15 games before mid-season and the 15 games after.

season end - points scored 4 sections - 3.JPG

This table is split into various sections:

First - number of home/away/total clean sheets.

Second - Number of times we scored that number of goals in a match and the number of times we conceded that number of goals in a match.

Third - Our goal difference - total, then home, then away.

There are 3 sections, first half of the season, 2nd half of the season and grand total.

season end - times scored conceded - 9.JPG

season end - times scored conceded 2nd half - 10.JPG

season end - times scored conceded total- 11.JPG

This final one for now shows the same WLDd as an earlier table but this time I have colour coded wins as green lossses as red and draws as amber to make it really easy to spot good and bad runs of form.

Again, I have slpit this into the 2 halves of the season and just out of interest added our overall win/loss/draw percentages for first/second half and overall.

season end - wlDd coloured - 12.JPG

Archived