Ethernet switches

TigerTedd

Hi. 

Just to add to some of the advice above, I've tried a netgear powerline which became extremely frustrating with constantly having to pair to the router - quite often at an important time. 

Then moved to a netgear WiFi booster which was fine initially, but then had the same problem as their powerline adapter. 

Sent them both back and opted for a tp link wifi booster. Since then, connection has been rock solid all over the house with zero requirements to re-pair unless the router is powered down. The amount of hassle it has saved is worth the £50 price. I've linked the one I am using below 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SYHHI2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fwssFbCNA1MWS

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Meestah said:

If you're using an Ethernet phone, make sure whatever switch you decide to buy is PoE (Power over Ethernet). Alternatively, I assume you might be able to use a softphone (depending on the phone system the work has) which negates the need for PoE and connecting the phone up anyway.

It would be great if they could use a soft phone system, that would be a lot more sensible for home working, but they have no plans to change the current system. 

Archived