teale and jaymac released along with 4 youth players

derbydan

Derby County will not be offering contract extensions to Jay McEveley and Gary Teale.

The duos contracts are set to expire at the end of June and they met with manager Nigel Clough at Moor Farm on Tuesday to discuss their futures.

Both players joined Derby in January 2007 and went on to play key roles in the Rams' rise to the Premier League during the 2006/07 season.

With Clough looking to freshen up his squad over the summer he said it was a tough decision to let two good servants to Derby County move on.

He said: "It is always hard to tell players they don't have an offer on the table.

"Both have served Derby County well, but we felt we needed a break from the past.

"Jay and Gary are model professionals and I am sure they will get fixed up elsewhere."

Defender McEveley - previously with Blackburn Rovers - made 101 appearances for Derby and scored 6 goals, the last of which came in his final appearance against Cardiff City on Sunday.

Versatile attacker Teale arrived from Wigan Athletic and made 104 appearances for the Rams, scoring 4 goals.

In addition young professionals Jermaine Johnson, Henrik Ojamaa, Alex Forde and Mark Dudley will also leave the club at the end of June when their contracts expire.

All departing players leave with Derby County's very best wishes for the future.

Lewis Price and Lee Hendrie are also out of contract in the summer but have another week to run in their spells on loan at Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion and will meet with Clough next week.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wouldn't have minded to see jaymac stay tbh seems like he is coming into the form we have been waiting for, he can cover centre back pretty well too! a bit indifferent about gary teale tbh! Just hope we bring in a nother decent leftback, I think Dean Moxey is pretty good but need a bit more exprience

jay blows hot and cold and Teale = good riddance !

You been out in the sun to long Trig ? Nigel posting on a forum :p

it was at marstons social club at burton yesterday 1900 hours here,s an extract for you

Alright a bit more from this evening. When questioned about commons and hulse Mr Clough said that they were on the last year of there contracts and they would listen to any offers as we arent in a postion to renew there current deals as there wages are way to high. When he was asked if there was a particular style of play he wished derby could play he said we aim to keep the ball on the deck and pass it around. That being said he made a point of the fact that green and pearson were our two most attacking midfielders but they never pull the trigger. He seemed genuinly annoyed that neither of them will have a shot on goal in the final third. He also tackled the wage cut issue, he said that albrechtsen (a defender who "didnt like to head the ball" in nigel's opinion0 was earning the same as barker, buxton and moxey! Also he said varney "couldnt hit a barn door" so i guess he's on his way out!!

Finally he said that next season we aim to be in the top half of the table. Overall i'm glad i went as the evening has reinforced my belief in nigel and in the job he's doing for all of us.

did you read the bit where clough mentions me ?

they will never pull the trigger! roflmao lol lmfao pmsl

ha ha ha and a feckin ha ha

no my lady i always wear sun screen!

Both have short periods of awesome form but the rest of the time they're mediocre. I've never rated either of them.

They can fit in to a good short passing style of football but we play negative tactics that don't suit them.

Both have short periods of awesome form but the rest of the time they're mediocre. I've never rated either of them.

They can fit in to a good short passing style of football but we play negative tactics that don't suit them.

i prefered stevie howard to hulse

and as for conmans ive always liked him:rolleyes:

I have a feeling Jay will do alright for himself, I would guess it came down to wages and not did we want to keep him. I predict a move to a club like Boro or Sheffield United in the summer.

******* shambles teale got more goals than Pearson so has jay expect more journeymen ,cost cutting is one thing but im more down now than in 42 years of watching Derby and that includes Tom Doc.

I'm more interested in who he's going to sign to be honest. If the wages are going to be so low a lot of non league clubs in the Midlands could be expecting a phone call in the summer. I agree with the wage bill cuts to be honest, maybe he can find some people who want to be footballers rather than people who want to retire when they're 32.

Archived