Cup runs

Spanish

I know the challenge of putting resources into a cup game rather than saving for the league is debatable but I always see them as a test of whether a club has potential for promotion.  Recent years have seen top clubs fielding b teams and it not being a fair test of potential but not last night.  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I know the challenge of putting resources into a cup game rather than saving for the league is debatable but I always see them as a test of whether a club has potential for promotion.  Recent years have seen top clubs fielding b teams and it not being a fair test of potential but not last night.  

One of the benefits of having a largely young footballing side as opposed to geriatric Rowettball merchants is that they can go again a couple of days later. Saying that, we proved at Hull that we could get by making wholesale changes too.

It's an exciting time to be a Derby fan.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

One of the benefits of having a largely young footballing side as opposed to geriatric Rowettball merchants is that they can go again a couple of days later. Saying that, we proved at Hull that we could get by making wholesale changes too.

It's an exciting time to be a Derby fan.

As they said on sky a blend of youth and experience.  A few months back I wrote that promoted sides had a couple of talismans that just took the side up a notch.  We have several

Archived