Commons targeting Ipswich game

Day

Kris Commons is targeting a return to action next month after injury.

The Scotland international has spent the last month in the treatment room nursing a hamstring injury.

He is stepping up his rehabilitation and hopes to return to the first-team squad over the Easter period.

"If there are no set-backs, I should be back by the start of April and the home game with Ipswich is one I'm targeting (5 April)," Commons told Rams Player.

"It is vitally important when I do get back that I stay fit for the final few games and do well to take into the summer.

"I was told I would be out between four and six weeks, and it has been four weeks now since I picked up the injury.

"I'm looking to get back into full training soon and I hope to do that by the end of this week or early next week after a few sessions with Johnny Metgod.

"I enjoy working with Johnny and the sessions he puts on, they are short and sharp which is ideal for the way I play."

Commons admits he is rueing his misfortunate after picking up the injury when bang in form.

"It was so frustrating to pick up the injury when I did, I was playing well and as a team we were doing well," he said.

"With the previous injuries I've had I think the amount of games I played in a short space of time burnt me out a little bit."

Watch more from Kris in an exclusive interview on Rams Player right now.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2000467,00.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived