DCFC Sport Relief Mile.

Perky1106

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1990656,00.html

Derby County is hosting a Sport Relief Mile at shopDCFC on Friday 19 March, and Rams fans are encouraged to get involved.

Sport Relief is one of the UK's biggest fundraising events, bringing the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives.

The Sport Relief challenge is to take to the streets to do 1, 3 or 6 miles and raise cash at the Sport Relief Mile events which are taking place across the length and breadth of the UK.

There will be two treadmills in shopDCFC, kindly provided by David Lloyd, between 1pm and 3:30pm on the day and a select number of Derby County's first-team players will be taking part to help raise funds.

As well as the Nigel Clough and selection of his players, Derby County's CEO Tom Glick, Club Mascot Rammie and Derby-born Olympic swimmer Ross Davenport will also be completing the Sport Relief Mile.

Dean Moxey, Saul Deeney, Kris Commons, David Martin and Russell Anderson will be representing the playing squad.

Tom Glick will kick the event off at 11:30am, followed by Rammie at 12pm, Ross Davenport at 12:30pm. Dean Moxey at 1pm, Saul Deeney at 1:30pm, Kris Commons at 2pm, Nigel Clough at 2:30pm, David Martin at 3pm and finally Russell Anderson at 3:30pm.

Fans can also bid to complete the mile alongside any of the above taking part in the Sport Relief Mile.

Bidding is open from £1 upwards from now until 12-noon on Monday 15 March 2010. Emails including contact details and the bidding amount should be directed to webmaster@dcfc.co.uk.

Monies raised from the Sport Relief Mile will be split equally between Sport Relief and Teen Pride, Derby County's official designated charity.

All the money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help transform the lives of poor and vulnerable people, both at home and across the world's poorest countries.

You can find out more about Sport Relief by logging on to www.sportrelief.com.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
commons will pull a hammy ;):rolleyes:

just what he needs aint it?

christ on a bike, sometimes i think the people making these decisions at Derby must be complete f*ckwits!

lets get em on a treadmill for charity,bloody ridiculous.

they were going to let Buxton take part but didnt think he'd complete a mile in the timescale 11:30am to 3:30pm

just what he needs aint it?

christ on a bike, sometimes i think the people making these decisions at Derby must be complete f*ckwits!

lets get em on a treadmill for charity,bloody ridiculous.

they were going to let Buxton take part but didnt think he'd complete a mile in the timescale 11:30am to 3:30pm

i'm sure they do more on the training ground / gym anyway so i don't really see the issue with it

Hows it great when our only creative player in the team (since he's been injured we've been *****) is just coming back from injury and now off running on a treadmill for charity? I'm sorry but **** the charity, get Clough and the rest of the staff to do the mile. We're in a relegation battle for **** sake, why risk his hammy again for charity, get one of the others to do the mile if we have to. As anyone at the club got a brain cell?

If jogging on a treadmill is enough to injure him, then get shut now.

exactly mate how the feck do you lot think he's regain his fitness it aint sittin around its by workin out ect ie the treadmill like i said i'm sure he does more at david lloyd / moor farm

Archived