Derby 14-1 for to win league outright

Jortat

PistoldPete2
On 24 July 2018 at 15:55, Harrowram said:

5/1 for promotion is what is being offered at present. Not bad odds though I can't understand why some bookies are offering shorter odds to the likes of Forest, Leeds and in some cases Brentford!

Yes I don't know... Leeds and forest still ahead of us on sky bet. We are 7th after the relegated teams, boro and then forest and leeds. Bookies always expect the relegated teams to do well, but they rarely do. As for forest and Leeds I always expect them to do badly , and much to my delight they usually do. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I don't know... Leeds and forest still ahead of us on sky bet. We are 7th after the relegated teams, boro and then forest and leeds. Bookies always expect the relegated teams to do well, but they rarely do. As for forest and Leeds I always expect them to do badly , and much to my delight they usually do. 

Leeds only have 2 recognised strikers and we have umpteen! Brentford have lost 2 key centre halves in Egan and Bjelland. Forest have signed a half decent striker and suddenly the bookies have them down for promotion!

I suppose it is logical to select the 3 relegated teams plus the teams who made the play-offs. However last year Sunderland were relegated again, Hull had a poor season, and Boro made the play-offs. Of the sides who made the play-offs in the 16/17 season both Wednesday and Reading had poor seasons while Fulham were promoted.

I suspect more players will leave Stoke, West brom and Swansea. I am surprised that Butland and Joe Allen are still at Stoke, it looks like Rodriguez will leave West Brom and seems certain Mawson will leave Swansea.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Leeds only have 2 recognised strikers and we have umpteen! Brentford have lost 2 key centre halves in Egan and Bjelland. Forest have signed a half decent striker and suddenly the bookies have them down for promotion!

I suppose it is logical to select the 3 relegated teams plus the teams who made the play-offs. However last year Sunderland were relegated again, Hull had a poor season, and Boro made the play-offs. Of the sides who made the play-offs in the 16/17 season both Wednesday and Reading had poor seasons while Fulham were promoted.

I suspect more players will leave Stoke, West brom and Swansea. I am surprised that Butland and Joe Allen are still at Stoke, it looks like Rodriguez will leave West Brom and seems certain Mawson will leave Swansea.

Well players may leave derby too including our top scorer. Still think the squad will be stronger overall than last year when we finished sixth yet bookies have us at 7th.

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Don't think some of you get this betting lark. If you're a betting man and you think the bookies have got it wrong, then rub your hands together and get your money out. If you're not a betting man, then why do you care?

I do get this betting lark. Derby are probably a better bet than Forest or Leeds. But still too short odds . 

Archived