Keep the core team together

DCFC27

Has anyone else enjoyed the fact there has been no one in or out. I would love for us to keep the whole squad together from last season and just add a few youth players from our academy and if we’re shrewd enough, some under 23s from the prem. Don’t get me wrong if we can get rid of some of the older frindge players I.e butterfield/Blackman great. But I think the squad we have complemted with 1 or 2 top quality loans would see us mount a challenge next season. In addition surely if we don’t buy and we let some of the real fringe players go we will also be within this seasonFFP too... I guess what I am saying is we don’t need to reinvent the wheel by selling our best players to fund new ones. Regardless of how we played last season the players there are capable of playing attacking football and scoring goals. New coaches and an addition or a couple of talents with the fans behind them. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Has anyone else enjoyed the fact there has been no one in or out. I would love for us to keep the whole squad together from last season and just add a few youth players from our academy and if we’re shrewd enough, some under 23s from the prem. Don’t get me wrong if we can get rid of some of the older frindge players I.e butterfield/Blackman great. But I think the squad we have complemted with 1 or 2 top quality loans would see us mount a challenge next season. In addition surely if we don’t buy and we let some of the real fringe players go we will also be within this seasonFFP too... I guess what I am saying is we don’t need to reinvent the wheel by selling our best players to fund new ones. Regardless of how we played last season the players there are capable of playing attacking football and scoring goals. New coaches and an addition or a couple of talents with the fans behind them. 

I disagree, I know what you mean about keeping the core and not hauling the whole squad out, but, I think there is so much dead wood in this team that I would happily shift (If anyone would actually come in for them that is) The problem is that a lot of the players run out of contract at the end of the season, I think it’s the clement bunch and the old boys bought in by Rowett, along with others, personally I would rather us not renew the majority of these contracts either down to age or just the players not cutting it, so if we could get some offers for these players I’d jump at the chance to offload and get some of the money back regardless of how good they are eg Cameron Jerome.

Archived