Player of the Season 09/10

Day

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoooooa hold on chaps, good news...last night was the clubs player of the year which wasn't chosen by the fans. Tonight is the the fans player of the year award, fingers crossed that muppet doesn't pick up tonights award otherwise I'l be down Pride Park demanding a recount.

====================================================

Derby County Football Club are hosting their Player of the Year Awards Fans Party - presented by Marston's Pedigree - this evening.

The Fans Party is a chance for supporters to mark the conclusion of the 2009/10 season with Nigel Clough and his entire first-team squad.

The evening kicks off at 6pm in the Pedigree Suite at Pride Park with tickets available at £35 per person, including VAT.

For that price, attendees will receive: - A two course meal, a gift for each guest presented by Marston's, competitions and prizes and an after dinner party in the Toyota Suite. Dress code for the evening is smart casual.

In addition, all those in attendance will witness the presentation of the end of season awards:-

Fans Young Player of the Year

Highest Goal Scorer

Fans Goal of the Season

Fan of the Year

Fans Player of the Year Award / Jack Stamps Trophy

If you are interested in attending or wish to receive any further information, please call 01332 667506 or email events@dcfc.co.uk.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2039465,00.html

Whoooooa hold on chaps, good news...last night was the clubs player of the year which wasn't chosen by the fans. Tonight is the the fans player of the year award, fingers crossed that muppet doesn't pick up tonights award otherwise I'l be down Pride Park demanding a recount.

i could of told you that, last nights award was picked by steve nicholson from the det, chairman of the supports trust and the management team at the club so those are people you should blame for his award

SHAUN Barker is the latest winner of the Jack Stamps Player of the Year Award as chosen by the Derby County supporters.

Barker has been the Rams' outstanding defender since the turn of the year and the 27-year-old centre-half will receive the trophy before tomorrow's final match of the season against Cardiff City at Pride Park Stadium (1pm).

He was the club's big signing of last summer when he arrived from Blackpool for around £900,000.

A thigh injury picked up in pre-season troubled him in the first half of the campaign, when he made only 12 starts, but his form since he returned to the side in the victory at Peterborough in January has been excellent.

"Shaun had a difficult start. Anyone who saw him at Chesterfield in pre-season, when he came on at half- time, I don't think would recognise him as the same player he has looked in the second half of the season," said manager Nigel Clough.

"I said then that it takes a bit of time to settle in but he has settled in, he really feels part of it and some of his displays have been outstanding.

"Getting injured did not help him and also not being part of a settled side. When he did play, he had numerous defensive partners. If you come into a side that is confident, playing well and in the top half of the league, it is much easier.

"We are encouraged by what we have seen from him and we are looking forward to him doing a full pre-season and playing 46 League games for us next season."

Barker is currently enjoying a run of 22 consecutive starts and he has scored five goals this season.

He is the first defender to win the award since Youl Mawene in 2003-4 and succeeds last year's winner Rob Hulse.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Barker-fans-choice/article-2096422-detail/article.html

Archived