A little ponder on the Clement/Wassell season

TuffLuff

7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Whilst what McClaren said on the speculation was good enough for me to trust him, i know plenty of others who didn't. He did enough to ensure no bridges were burnt. Local media seemed to have a tough time letting the rumour go which didn't help. As long as rumour lingers in football there will be doubt. That season ended in a mess and left some cracks. We got an untried manager in, injuries caused panic buys and we have been trying to paper over the cracks since. The pressure and expectation to get promoted does us no favours. 

Agree with your post ,sad thing is that I believe ( just my opinion) that if Mac had come out and totally blown the speculation out of the water with a I’m going nowhere it was his and derby s time ,, at best you can say he let the focus shift from derby being a very good team under Mac with the whole club focused only on promotion to the will he won’t he go show for fans ,media and I believe players too , and I believe that’s the spark for him losing the players , losing focus and our downward spiral 

others see it differently but there’s no doubt in my mind that the whole saga was handled poorly at best and we lost our way ,Mac went on to be a disaster at Newcastle and apart from us having him back briefly no one seems to want to touch him with a barge pole 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived