Is it time for a good look at ourself and our captain ?

RAMtastic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh you'd be pritty much ****'d if you didnt have savage, he single handedly kept you up last season when you looked like going down and is doing the same again this time around, that colin gibson just likes to give savage abit of stick each week (rather than savage himself getting tangled with the press) which is understandable when he has to commentate on a mid championship team with no real desire to go anywhere. You have a true leader in your squad, which i for one would love to have in mine.

cherish the sav times!

Tbh you'd be pritty much ****'d if you didnt have savage, he single handedly kept you up last season when you looked like going down and is doing the same again this time around, that colin gibson just likes to give savage abit of stick each week (rather than savage himself getting tangled with the press) which is understandable when he has to commentate on a mid championship team with no real desire to go anywhere. You have a true leader in your squad, which i for one would love to have in mine.

cherish the sav times!

Hallelluuuuuuuuulliiaa someone with some sense at last - well said that man :D

a defence and a goalkeeper go hand in hand!

without the defenders having confidence in the keeper your shafted, and vice versa.

bywater imo is a decent ccc player nothing great about him ,

a man once said a team starts from the back(you know who that was)

as for savage he has grown extremley tiresome now,

his commitment is un questionable,

tactically he,s laughable,

and yes he has stirred a bit of passion and bite into the team,

but at what cost to the club?

ie the charges that have all been bought upon the club.

in trigs opinion we are now starting to get to see a bit of what nigel is trying to bring to the club,hopefull in the next 1-3 seasons (with the BOARDS BACKING) he will flourish and start to make derby the club that teams once respected.

trig has done a u turn on nige, but my doubts over the board and thier ambitions remain.

we have the fans(unlike notts forest)

we have the ground (unlike notts forest)

we have the manager(unlike notts forest)

so remain patient for a while and im sure we will see some improvment.

it could be worse, you could be RED:D

I'l drink to all that Trig. Did anyone dislike Stimac, Baiano, Eranio and Poom when they were at the club?, I'm still yet to hear from anyone that did. Thats what happens when you have great players at the club. If Savage was so great, why do so many Derby fans dislike him? And they do, read across the forums, some hate him with a passion.

cherish the sav times!

You've never seen him play have you?

you forgot mark wright too!

a whole hearted defender who took no prisoners,

he did not make an ass of himself when he went on radio/tv,

he was well liked as a player and was liked by players too,

its about time that someone pulled his reins in a touch for the good of dcfc,

the same might be said to colin gibson too!

the constant bickering between the both of them is nothing short of playground stuff! and serves no positive purpose for the club

get rid of both of them !

It's not his history at all Dan, if you read what us Savage dislikers are actually saying instead of jumping down our throats for our opinions, it's got sod all to do with history. I've never even been good at history since I was banished from History class.

cherish the sav times!

sorry to be blunt but.......did he f*ck

what kept us up was that Commons and Hulse started to play together as a partnership and banged in loads of goals along with Teale chipping in with a couple of decent performances towards the end of the season

if memory serves me right

He's like Marmite.

I think at this level he is a below average player. Though his commitment to the club is exceptional and I admire that. I think the way he handled his treatment by Paul Jewell despite the major sinking of his confidence in that horrible season and the fans turning against him was exceptional. He kept his head high, determined to get back in the team despite being on his last legs and succeeded which is inspirational in any sport really. (Though whether or not he has legs is questionable.)

The problem is he is the most famous WUM in English football. He attracts trouble from everyone. You may not see it every game but he faces trouble in all of the 90-minute matches he plays. It is difficult for anyone not to play into their hands.

I think what he did at the City Ground with Tyson was with the right intention but he should have left him to it really and Tyson would have looked like even more of a tit than he already is. The Pride Park brawl was instigated by Gunter on McEveley with Savage having no initial involvement. The latest brawl however was unnecessary. Pintado wound him up and he bit.

He may need a bit of time to calm down for a few games and allow Barker to be captain.

I like seeing stuff about Derby in the papers and Savage puts us in headlines but I can't help but feel his constant media relation is for himself and not for his team.

Colin Gibson isn't a nice man and he deliberately asks difficult questions aggressively that really don't help our club. Savage shouldn't react to a cretin in the local media he is better than that. If he's not careful he'll make the same mistake as Joe Kinnear and get put over newspaper headlines.

His influence on the pitch as a footballer is below par but as a captain I think he's doing an alright job.

The city of Derby is too small for his massive ego but I'm happy for him to be squeezed in for as long as he can play.

He's ok. Nigel just needs to place more discipline on the squad, with this character Savage in particular.

Archived