Briatore Steps Down as QPR Chairman

Day

Flavio Briatore has decided to step down as chairman of QPR Holdings Ltd and leaves the role with immediate effect.

The Loftus Road board has moved quickly to appoint Ishan Saksena as the Italian's successor.

Briatore joined the Rangers board in November 2007, having completed a takeover of the Championship club along with Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone.

He continues to be a shareholder, alongside Ecclestone, but feels he is unable to give the club the dedication they deserve.

"My three years as chairman of QPR have been an exciting and incredible experience," Briatore told the club's official website.

"I'm proud to have helped save this historical club and to have contributed in paving the way to its future success.

"Although my commitment to the club remains unchanged, I now feel the need to focus me energies into other fields as well.

"I'm very happy that my position as chairman of QPR will go to Ishan Saksena. I'm sure he will do a brilliant job and under his leadership the club will soon achieve the stability and the good results we all expect."

Passion

Saksena, who steps up from his position as CEO and managing director, added: "Since becoming CEO, I have developed a great love and very strong passion for the club.

"It is therefore a great honour for me to assume this position. It is a position of trust and I will hold it with great pride.

"I would like to thank Flavio for all the hard work during his time here and for the many positive additions he has made.

"I must also express my gratitude to all our fans, who are the real owners of the club. I feel a real responsibility to repay their loyalty and I intend to do all I can to bring the great days back to Loftus Road."

Gianni Paladini resumes his role as chairman of Queens Park Rangers Football Club, while the Mittal family has also taken this opportunity to increase its shareholding in the club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5960562,00.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived