Breakdown Cover

Carnero

After getting by without breakdown cover for the last 13 years, I thought it best to finally get some bog standard cover for my old car...

I've read some good reviews for "RescueMyCar.com" and they've quoted just £27 for roadside assistance with local recovery.

Have any of you guys any experience of this provider (I've never heard of it) or do you tend to stick to the big boys of AA, RAC & Green Flag?

I work from home, so no need for anything fancy, I'm just looking for something to fix the car at the roadside should the situation arise, following a flat battery after the Leeds game a few weeks back!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

To a degree you get what you pay for, but if your requirements arent that high then i would think they are ok.

As you say its local recovery, so if you break down a distance away then you still need to get yourself back home, where as some policies cover you to get you home.

Ive had cheaper end products and they have been fine. With the bigger ones sometimes you get guarantees of minimum call out time or compensation if they dont etc.

On 4 April 2018 at 15:34, Carnero said:

After getting by without breakdown cover for the last 13 years, I thought it best to finally get some bog standard cover for my old car...

I've read some good reviews for "RescueMyCar.com" and they've quoted just £27 for roadside assistance with local recovery.

Have any of you guys any experience of this provider (I've never heard of it) or do you tend to stick to the big boys of AA, RAC & Green Flag?

I work from home, so no need for anything fancy, I'm just looking for something to fix the car at the roadside should the situation arise, following a flat battery after the Leeds game a few weeks back!

I have found from experience that if you buy cover with 'recovery', then there is no attempt to fix your car. That was the major providers.

Archived