Kris Commons

trigger

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County fear Kris Commons has torn a hamstring and could be out for between four and six weeks.

Commons, a key figure in the last six games, limped off during the first half of Saturday's defeat by Swansea City.

The 26-year-old forward has yet to have a scan on the injury but manager Nigel Clough is resigned to losing the player for a lengthy spell.

"Such an injury is usually four to six weeks and so we are probably looking at getting him back on the pitch in the last four or five weeks of the season," said Clough.

"It is a huge blow because we have had a settled side and Kris has been playing well.

"He has been working his socks off, and he and Rob Hulse have looked a threat up front.

"Kris said he felt his hamstring in the first 10 or 15 minutes against Swansea. He stayed on and has probably made it worse, which is not ideal.

"When your hamstring feels tight but hasn't gone, it is easy to think it's a bit of cramp or tightness."

Hamstring and calf problems forced Commons to miss more than two months earlier this season but he has been in good form in recent weeks.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Rams-fear-worst-Commons-injury/article-1854908-detail/article.html

I'm gutted, gutted because I don't see where the creativity will come from now, other than set pieces I really don't see where the goals will come from.

Let's be honest, none of us really thought we could make the play offs, but the run we've been on could of landed us a top 10 finish. I have a real concern that we'l now be slowly sucked back towards the bottom again.

I know it's only one player, footballs a team game and the defence deserves alot of credit, but Commons is a match winner. I'd happily donate my hamstrings if it means we can get him back any quicker.

anything to do with ham and im sure commons would be grateful of the donations.

sad blow, but if you build a team around 1 player being mercurial then this is the sort of thing that happens,more players of decent calibre are needed in the squad now!

at this rate he is a 15 game a season player , no good to long term stability imo, and no good to the wage bill either ,

either he is very very unlucky with all these injuries or he is 1 hell of a lazy fecker,

you decide?

I'd say unlucky, there are many players careers that have been cursed by injury, Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves, Ledley King etc. Some players bodies are more fragile than others, regardless of weight or "fast food addictions".

Last season Commons played in 40 games for Derby plus 5 sub appearances. Listening to Forest fans when we signed him I expected far less than that. Commons has actually played between 30+ games for the last 3 seasons prior to this season, far more than other players in this league and Derby.

When you compare Commons game ratio to Leacock whos played 23 games in the last season and half, is Leacock fat? is Leacock lazy? nope just unlucky with injuries. In fact Leacock has only ever managed 40+ games in one season if his career and he's 26 years old.

Steve Davies, fat? lazy? 16 games for us in the one and half seasons he's been with us.

The stats are there Trig, Commons is not our most injury prone player. Maybe because Forest fans are constantly using it to goad us we forget about the other players that are sat on there arse, maybe its because Commons makes such an impact when he's in the team we look a much more dangerous team, (results speak for themselves), so that when he's out of the team we notice him more.

Have we missed Leacock and Davies? nope, have we missed Commons? I'l let you decide.

Kris Commons is set to be out of action for around a month after receiving the results of the scan on his injured hamstring.

Commons was withdrawn in the early stages of Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Swansea City after sustaining the injury.

He had been in fine form after scoring two goals in his previous three matches prior to the weekend's Championship fixture.

The scan itself has confirmed Commons has a 9cm tear on his hamstring and although it is impossible to put an exact figure on how long he will be out of action for, it is likely to be four to six weeks.

Manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk: "The scan has confirmed what we feared and it does mean we will be without Kris for at least a month.

"It is undoubtedly a blow because Kris has been excellent in recent weeks and working very hard.

"He will need to show the same determination and commitment to come back from this latest setback; if he does so he will come back sharp again."

Commons also told dcfc.co.uk: "Obviously I'm gutted but it something I have to deal with and get on with.

"I knew early on in the game that something wasn't right but was just hoping it would be okay.

"I will be working doubly hard to get back because I was really enjoying being part of the team and playing my part in getting us further up the Championship table.

"Hopefully it will be closer to four weeks than six, but I will be doing everything I can to be back on the pitch sooner rather than later."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1974520,00.html

Archived