Should Rafa go ?

vicky-27

GRAEME SOUNESS is begging Rafa Benitez to quit Anfield.

Former Liverpool hero Souness wants Kop legend Kenny Dalglish to take over at the helm in an attempt to stabilise the club.

The Merseysiders are in disarray and Souness - who collected five league titles and three European Cups during his time at Liverpool - wants Spaniard Benitez to show some dignity by walking away.

Souness said: "He has had almost six seasons at Anfield now and I think it's been long enough.

"He needs to look closely at where he has taken the club in that time and if he's honest with himself must surely realise now that it's not happening for him.

"It's not an easy decision to come to - as I know all too well myself.

"It has been suggested that it would make a bad situation worse if Rafa were to walk away now, midseason, but I don't think so.

"Kenny Dalglish is there and I think the sensible thing to do would be to ask him to take over the reins until the end of the season, were Benitez to go now. Rafa simply hasn't provided value for money for the considerable amount of money that's been spent during his watch.

"He has managed to win two competitions but both of them were really won by Steven Gerrard, who has carried that team on his back alone at times."

Souness also fears star players Fernando Torres and Gerrard - who are both crocked - are losing belief in the Reds.

He added: "They have looked dispirited.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2811992/Sou-You-still-have-to-go-Rafa.html#ixzz0cxdDyXAl

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less to be honest, although I would say give him till the end of the season, if they qualify for the Champions League stick with him, if not your off.

They are only 4 points off 4th place so it's hardly time to panic for them.

well he proberly should but rafa wouldnt leave of his own accord hes too stubborn

i know alot of koppites and i can tell you that most scousers are on his side, all there hatred is aimed at the board for the failures.

but it is a mess up there, and rafa has fudged it up majorly with a load of wasted money, i think if he was any other club hed of been pushed by now

The Liverpool F.C end of season Dinner will take place next week. Menu is confirmed as follows:

Starter: Sour Grapes.

Main Course:Plaice (possibly seventh or eighth).

Pudding: Choose from Kuyt, Ngog, Lucas or Degan.

Drinks will be available but theres stricly no doubles, trebles and no Carling Premier. There will also be a selection of wines served by some fat spanish bloke with a dodgy beard.

Please note that dress code is stricly ''late 80's'' to celebrate our last league title. All drinks will be served in plastic cups as cups are not on the agenda AGAIN this season.

After dinner entertainment will be provided by Rafa Benitez doing his party trick of making £200million disappear into thin air with **** all to show for it.

Archived