Start Of The Home Campaign

Bethh

2 minutes ago, Bethh said:

It's simple really for Gary, we had a working team where Bryson was on our starting line up every single time. I get that he wants to play the new signings so he can get a feel as for who works well in the formation but ever since Bryson was taken off the starting line up, our team really don't know what they're doing. As soon as Bryson and Butterfield were swapped on Saturday, we were playing a lot better but the swap came too late for us as it was near the end of the match. Gary needs to take a few notes from the team which got us winning and so close to playoffs last year.

I think part of us starting to play better was also due to us having Martin's isolation come to an end with Nugent coming on. That and we finally had our wide players play a bit deeper so our fullbacks weren't getting double teamed by their wingers and wingbacks. 

I'm positive though because Gary made some drastic changes in the game which shows he is going to mix it up to get it right. Much better than Nigel 'tactics' Pearson who committed to the same awful 4-4-2 for about 5 games before switching to a poor version of McClarens 4-3-3. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lrm14 said:

I think part of us starting to play better was also due to us having Martin's isolation come to an end with Nugent coming on. That and we finally had our wide players play a bit deeper so our fullbacks weren't getting double teamed by their wingers and wingbacks. 

I'm positive though because Gary made some drastic changes in the game which shows he is going to mix it up to get it right. Much better than Nigel 'tactics' Pearson who committed to the same awful 4-4-2 for about 5 games before switching to a poor version of McClarens 4-3-3. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Just have to see what Gary comes up with tonight as a lot of people are saying that he's going to change us away from a 4-3-3 tonight so it'll be interesting to see what formation he comes up with. I've got faith in Gary though because he did a good job with Birmingham when he was manager there and at the time, Birmingham was a lacking team and we're already quite a strong team so hopefully this year under Gary we could be looking at playoffs.

Archived