Football Board Games

Bridgford Ram

My dad, my brother and I agreed to meet up semi regularly in a pub and play a board game while we catch up / chat / have a drink.  

Last week we played Emlyn Hughes' Team Tactix (from about 1987) and in a fortnight we are meeting up to play Kevin Keegan's Matchday (from around 1983).  Anyone remember them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board game I used to play as a kid was Wembley (the FA Cup game). You could buy 'star' players who would be worth an extra goal to you. A goalie was £2,000, and a top striker was £16,000.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

The board game I used to play as a kid was Wembley (the FA Cup game). You could buy 'star' players who would be worth an extra goal to you. A goalie was £2,000, and a top striker was £16,000.

Not heard of that one.  I think we have Terry Venables' The Game as well.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Think I've still got this game in the attic. I had to use one of the blank stickers supplied by the game makers and write  Derby on it, then stuck it over one of the teams already printed around the edge of the board.

Great game but only when I won.?

Archived