Derby 2018

Perky1106

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An absolute disgrace imo. Having three in London! And two in Manchester! Then picking four cities that each have stadiums smaller than hours and will require things such as new builds, planning permission and all that.

I hope we don't get the world cup now. England doesn't deserve it if its committee can't make the most logical of decisions.

Though I'm not at all surprised. Just like usual they have to put ******* London at the centre of everything and that tinpot commuter town nearby (basically so that four stadiums are in London as if they're not getting enough new sporting developments there already) . I bet they didn't even read the documents about Derby's bid or consider it whatsoever. *****.

honestly watching it now, i cant help but think, lord mawhinney doesnt know what hes talking about,

mk dons, itll be an empty stadium week in week out

forest, well no planning permission, the local council against the plan

and if they were truely spreading it around the coountry surely east anglia is missing a city too?

honestly watching it now, i cant help but think, lord mawhinney doesnt know what hes talking about,

mk dons, itll be an empty stadium week in week out

forest, well no planning permission, the local council against the plan

and if they were truely spreading it around the coountry surely east anglia is missing a city too?

England's definition of "spreading round the country" is making sure there are four stadiums in London because of course the rest of England doesn't matter does it? :rolleyes:

nah of course it doesnt i mean where would the football league be with out the midlands and the north

well knowhere really, look at all the southern and london clubs in the first ever league...Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers

It just makes me angry that they don't consider the significance of football in the north and the midlands and are trying to make London the centre of football just because it's the capital. Then adding a few more southern towns where the passion just isn't the same as it is in somewhere like Derby, Stoke or Blackburn. The MK bid seemed to be getting a lot of media attention and I'm not surprised they've got it. I reckon Wankelmen's doing some dodgy dealings with the FA behind closed doors.

Forest got it, get in there!!! 50,000 seater stadium that they will only be able to half fill in the big games mwhahahahaha. Nottingham Road cemetery will have a better atmosphere, hell even Boros ground will be rocking compared to their new ground.

Archived