Cloughie

froggg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin Albrechtsen interview on the Danish Derby County support club:

Martin may not be angry with Derby's manager Nigel Clough but he isn't too impressed with the way the gaffer deals with the players. In Martin's opinion he sometimes takes it out on certain players to a degree that is too unfair to even a football pro.

"Nigel can be hard, almost foul at times. At half time and after matches he tends to pin down the one or two players whom he thinks have been the weakest link in the last match and he does this in a very harsh fashion. This isn't necessarily the right way to bring out the best in the players.

"One could say Nigel lacks a little in his man management but is fully capable in the other aspects of the game. And you have to understand his name doesn't make his seat any less hot than others!"

Bitter player or true ?

Hold on, it's ok for our captain to say it's ok to cheat in the national press yet the manager isn't allowed to single out players in the local press after a shocking performance?

I have no sympathy for them, if they don't want a rollocking then pull yer feckin finger out in games, as the Meerkat would say..simples.

http://www.derbycountysblackandwhitearmyfm.com/phpBB3/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_targetby bobbytheram on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread.....but here goes-

I think (and it is only my opinion) that he will get it right (if he gets time). I think he is pitching at the wong level at the moment, building a squad that would be better than Burton, buying players that would improve Burton, but we are above that level and he has not quite caught on. You can't bring so many players from the lower level and expect them to perform and gel together.

We may well go down this season, but I for one will not despair. NC will be at a more appropriate level for his management skills, would have learnt alot from this current season and will bring in players at a higher level than now, and the players we have now will also have gained from this season. That means that we will have a stronger squad with more quality with a more determined hungry manager working more within his comfort zone. I don't think we will get promoted next year but will consoladate in div 1 before mounting a serious challange the year after and then it will be onwards and upwards.

All this depends on whether he is given time or the board give a knee jerk reaction. I'm not sure that it was the right time for NC to come to us in the first place because of the very position we now find ourselves (just above relegation zone), but feel he would be good for us in the future. THe fact that he has come too early imho should not matter now because I am sure he will turns things around and if we don't give him that chance then I think we wil be in real trouble.

Just my thoughts!

some interesting views out there :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.derbycountysblackandwhitearmyfm.com/phpBB3/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_targetby bobbytheram on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread.....but here goes-

I think (and it is only my opinion) that he will get it right (if he gets time). I think he is pitching at the wong level at the moment, building a squad that would be better than Burton, buying players that would improve Burton, but we are above that level and he has not quite caught on. You can't bring so many players from the lower level and expect them to perform and gel together.

We may well go down this season, but I for one will not despair. NC will be at a more appropriate level for his management skills, would have learnt alot from this current season and will bring in players at a higher level than now, and the players we have now will also have gained from this season. That means that we will have a stronger squad with more quality with a more determined hungry manager working more within his comfort zone. I don't think we will get promoted next year but will consoladate in div 1 before mounting a serious challange the year after and then it will be onwards and upwards.

All this depends on whether he is given time or the board give a knee jerk reaction. I'm not sure that it was the right time for NC to come to us in the first place because of the very position we now find ourselves (just above relegation zone), but feel he would be good for us in the future. THe fact that he has come too early imho should not matter now because I am sure he will turns things around and if we don't give him that chance then I think we wil be in real trouble.

Just my thoughts!

some interesting views out there :eek::eek::eek:

I think it was the best time for Clough to come for us.

Our other options were truely sh*te.

He will come good, give it time.

AND FFS, WERE NOT GOING DOWN!

Archived