suspensions and injuries

davenportram

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

if a player picks up a suspension but gets injured straight after and misses games through injury is his suspension deemed to have been served?

Yes

35 minutes ago, davenportram said:

so there's no punishment to club or player then. That player would be missing anyway.

There is as they have been suspended. Same in probably every single league in the world. 

It is a punishment irrespective of them being injured or not after. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

There is as they have been suspended. Same in probably every single league in the world. 

It is a punishment irrespective of them being injured or not after. 

but the club doesn't actually lose the use of the player for a game, and the player doesn't miss a match that he could have played in.

21 minutes ago, davenportram said:

but the club doesn't actually lose the use of the player for a game, and the player doesn't miss a match that he could have played in.

Read my last reply. 

38 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I'f it didn't count if they were injured they just wouldn't declare the injury

true, but I trust all clubs will have records of treatment players receive. If they suddenly get injured the game after the suspension is lifted then the records could be investigated by the league or FA

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I did - its a suspension from a game that they couldn't have played in anyway. Its like being suspended from school for the school holidays

Once again, read the reply. You know the answer anyway..... And you're not reeling me in. The rules are their for all to see. Could pick any team sport and 99% of sports will be the same. 

If I got suspended from work (which I've been before) and got sick..... I'd still be suspended. 

Keep smiling ?????

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

If I got suspended from work (which I've been before) and got sick..... I'd still be suspended. 

No way they should renounce the suspension until you are better :lol:

Archived