Easy Scapegoats

BottrillRAM

1 hour ago, KBB said:

An element of our support actually revel in getting on our players back, moaning, booing, so when the player makes a mistake they can say "told you so"

bloke in front of me was giving Ince and Christie loads yesterday, didn't applaud when Martin scored as Christie put the cross in and it would have "proved him wrong". I Made a point of bigging Christie up and mentioning his cross and the blokes body language was like a sullen kid being told off at primary school.

he was moaning at Ince none stop for "doing nothing" once again didn't applaud when he manafacutured 3 chances out of nothing to hit he post, bar and force a save. Just folded his arms and "did nothing"

Did he also moan about Olsson and Blackman too? Because there is always the chance he was just a racist wankpuffin.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie said:

What I'm trying to say is that I am beginning to look forward to games again, because under Clement I was beginning to lose the will to live.

I appreciate that there are those for whom the result is paramount - I will never fall into that grouping.

The sentence I highlighted is hardly a universal truth, is it? I can think of one game where that applied - Hull away.

Did Clement know his best midfield? he managed the side for 30 games and struggled to find any consistency - Wassall has had 5 games in charge, 5 games where Thorne has been struggling with injury, 5 games where Bryson has been tentatively making his way back into the first-team picture following 6 months out, 5 games where Johnson has hit a run of poor form that he is unlikely to have suffered in his entire career, and Wassall is ripped into because "... he doesn't know his best midfield".

Fulham, Cardiff and Brentford were 2 nil wins, where we played effective football to win the match, I was highlighting similar wins that apparently performances were not good enough. I enjoyed the games pre Xmas under PC, it's not a style that please all, but I enjoy seeing different styles implemented on the pitch, be it Arsenal, Barcelona, juve or Leicester.

My point is, that i cannot see the improvement that is the Derby way, still no sign of the team selection being consistent from game to game,  and still miles away from the football we played under McLaren.  By your own admission, you wouldn't have anything negative to say about Wassall, but the football yesterday and the previous 4 games, have not imo been an improvement to what was seen under PC.  You can and I'm glad you look forward to games again, whereas it's the opposite for me at the mo.

Some fans are just strange. A guy behind boo's ince when his name is read out on the tannoy. Bloke hasn't even kicked a ball yet!! 

Thought hendrick and Hanson didn't have there best games yesterday. Hendrick had a great game against Brentford though a couple weeks ago. I tend to not expect too much from him but on the very odd occasion he actually surprises me. Wish he'd do it more often!!

back to the bloke behind me, he's screaming out for "Razza" every game yet watched him play about 20 mins of football! He totally does my head in and is constantly asking his mate who that was, but has an opinion about everyone!

Archived