Idea to Mel & Co.

Papahet

This coming week I'd get the players for a hour or two and do something which brings the entire squad together without a football at the feet.

Bring the moral back up, get the players working together; laughing, joking, building friendships, whatever. You don't need fancy trips to Dubai for bonding.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-players-coaches-paintballing/story-27903025-detail/story.html

It worked last time, we went on a decent run. Surely no harm it trying again after this poor run, with moral likely to be at an all time low.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would show them how to play in triangles when attacking, make through balls, where to be when the ball goes into the box, to play closer to the man receiving the ball aka the target man and to surround the player they are pressing instead of lining up in a pair. 

Screw everything else. These are the basics and you could change our emphasis/ability in one training session.You would get a few good performances before you then begin to hit very good form as a result. 

I have a good idea for the management on the subject of the next manager.He is

one of the very few options you have. He believes in young local (ish) players,playing

a passing game on the ground. You would have to pay some compensation because

he manages a club presently in Div.1.He is the best manager in that division,his name

is Graham Weestley.Thank you.

Archived