A better attitude to moving East Stand fans?

Duracell

15 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Well your first paragraph suggests that people wont go because of this so....

Anyway. I sit lower west and knew all about the need for east standers to move a) because they had to last season for the Chesterfield and b) because there was plenty of info kicking around on the official site (which I have zero issues navigating, not sure what people complain about...the comment about walking the dog as it takes so long is odd as pages load within a second or so) and also on DET, Twitter and Facebook.

Organisations are moving away from paper based communications, unfortunately some people will get left behind if they wont (or cant) go electronic.

Yeah, some won't go and that's not a sentiment I share myself. My point is, people are cheesed off.

Sorry but this is exactly my point really. "It's your fault for not getting in this century!" is a kick in the teeth for older fans, and that's really what I'm talking about here.

I'm know all about it because I'm 21 and I'm hooked up to social media and internet. Do I count more than them?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably. 

Its cheaper and easier to send a tweet or post something on their own website compared to printing letters and sending them out, not to mention the time it takes to do one compared to the other, all lot of organisations are doing it, is it right? Not really, it loses goodwill with those who have been around for many years but at the same time gets to a whole other audience, I guess the electronic only approach is a justified approach (numbers reached - turned into sales) seeing as that seems to be the chosen method of the club.

The Derby Telegraph reported that some in the east stand would have to move, so those without the tinternet or that don't bother going on the official site could have checked with the club after reading the local rag. And what's the use of sending emails if the "older fans" don't bother with computers.

Maybe the club could have used Mels helicopter and done a leaflet drop across Derbyshire! But then our glory supporters from across the rest of the globe would be moaning about being undervalued and victimised. Maybe we could get a massive pigeon loft installed at Moor farm and get the birds to deliver all the latest clubs news. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

Im sorry to hear that some people feel that we did not communicate the planned changes very well for the Emirates FA Cup. As everyone will be aware, moving season ticket seats is not something we take lightly and we appreciate everyones patience for cup games as we try and make it as smooth as possible. We did however send out an email regarding MUFC ticketing operation prior to on sale date - Some people just do not have 'Opt-in to receive Derby County marketing emails' on their accounts. If you feel you did not receive this email, firstly log in to WeAreDerby and check that your information is up to date. Alternatively email SLO@DCFC.co.uk and we can take a look at this matter for you. 

Alongside the email we also worked with local media, our website and also our ticket office to ensure that this journey was as smooth as possible. We are however reviewing the process post match next week and I would welcome any realistic suggestions on how this could have been operated differently please get in touch by emailing SLO@DCFC.co.uk.

COYR

Jed B

Here's a thought, club. 

Announce it via the big screen and microphone before KO, at HT and post match. 

Loads more fans who are not tech savvy will get the message this way. Addressing almost 30,000 people en masse regularly will work better than any email imo. Plus, put it up on the concourse screens, that'll work too.

In fact, thinking about it, I'd scratch the idea of it being via microphone until we can hear the guy clearly because the sound quality is sadly lacking.

Archived