Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

young ram, I'm in the give clough a chance camp tbh. He's got a mountain to climb and as long as we don't go down, I think we need a bit of patience. Doesn't matter what Forest or Leicester do, Derby needs a break and a chance to build.

i know but the building is floored, look who he is bringing in, livermore, hendrie, buxton, barker, none of these are good enough, we have no good strikers apart from porter and he is screwed with injuries, what do we have? we have nothing and we could go down this season

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as long as we stay up this season i'll be happy, build and improve next season and be looking at promotion/playoffs the season after that

LOL, that wont happen unless we buy good players which clough wont!!! he has only bought moxey who is any good tbh, croft isn't consistent enough

get rid of Clough he's totally out of his depth and if we stop up this season we will be very lucky.

i cant understand all this hero worship of Clough i really cant

Agree totally.

Though we can't get rid of Cloughie. It will ruin any stability and increase our chances of going down.

We should have a new manager at the end of the season if things continue like this. But until then, believe in Cloughie.

tbh that is absolute garbage, it is only because his alst name is bleedin clough that he is still here, nigel aint his dad, he is a lower league manager not a championship manager

yeah in league 1

The more legs break and oppo goals roll in the more convincing your arguments become. :frown:

However we have to stick with him as he is our only remaining stability. Not because his name is Clough. He's done nothing for me to call him a hero I'm afraid.

LOL, that wont happen unless we buy good players which clough wont!!! he has only bought moxey who is any good tbh, croft isn't consistent enough

Who is going to be our next manager and be able to BUY good players. We have no money. Cloughie is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. (ask your mum).

Mid table this season, ok by me. I don't want another "worst team in history" thank you.

Who is going to be our next manager and be able to BUY good players. We have no money. Cloughie is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. (ask your mum).

Mid table this season, ok by me. I don't want another "worst team in history" thank you.

ramona george burley bought good players on a string shoe budget even thinner than cloughs, so that argument doesnt wash with me, and midtable we arnt are we, we will be relegation fodder soon enough

ramona george burley bought good players on a string shoe budget even thinner than cloughs, so that argument doesnt wash with me, and midtable we arnt are we, we will be relegation fodder soon enough

George Burley had had years of prior experience and likely more contacts in the higher leagues than Clough et al. So do you think it is experience we need?

George Burley had had years of prior experience and likely more contacts in the higher leagues than Clough et al. So do you think it is experience we need?

yes, clough was just a pr move by the baord who im not particuarly fond of, but we need to look abroad for signings, you look at rasiak, burley tried to bring in yakubu and benjani but couldnt get work permits, idiakez as well

Derby County was on its knees when Cloughie took over. He said it would be a long job, we all agreed that we would support him. It's tough and it's hairy, but we would all have taken a mid table/staying up this season. Why does everyone want instant success.

I blame the internet.:mad:

yes, clough was just a pr move by the baord who im not particuarly fond of, but we need to look abroad for signings, you look at rasiak, burley tried to bring in yakubu and benjani but couldnt get work permits, idiakez as well

Football is corrupt so it is difficult for non-Premiership teams to get work permits. Jim Smith tried to sign Yakubu once as well but didn't get a work permit.

Derby County was on its knees when Cloughie took over. He said it would be a long job, we all agreed that we would support him. It's tough and it's hairy, but we would all have taken a mid table/staying up this season. Why does everyone want instant success.

I blame daveyboy :D

my arse was it on it's knees!!!!! were you supporting the club when we almost lost the club due to money!, we almost lost everything, we were on our knees then not a year ago, when we almost lost pride park that was when it was trouble

Young ram - Derby were relegated - worst team in history - we were struggling in the championship, the players were at their lowest, us fans were even lower. Cloughie came in knowing what a depressed outfit we were and told us that it would take time.......kept us up, said it was work in progress.

Archived