Final Top 4 Positions!

Whitlams1968

From the evidence so far I think the title is between us, Middlesborough, Brighton and Hull. Praying that we hit one of the top 2 places. I thought Hull were the danger team but now am more worried about Brighton and Middlesborough. I think if I had to stick my neck out at this moment in time I would go

1 Us

2. Borough

3. Brighton

4. Hull

I know there is a hell of a way to go and a lot can happen with injuries and coming and going of different players but my gut feeling is this will be the final table. Would be interested to see what other people think about the final top 4 positions. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton, Hull, Burnley, Boro.  

Just kidding.

Derby, Brighton, Hull, Burnley or Brighton, Derby, Hull, Burnley. But the top 4 doesn't matter, as we aren't qualifying for the champions league. Top 6 is all that matters, which will add Boro and a soon to be resurgent QPR (maybe). 

Its an interesting topic but still feel it is far too early to say. You cant rule out Burnley and one other team making a surprise impact (maybe QPR under JFH now?). I think we will be there or thereabouts for top 2 but certainly not confident it is nailed on. Our defence is a real plus and gives me hope but we do need to be more consistent up front and able to move to plan B to combat tactics away from home like Sheff wed and Forest who snuffed out our supply from GT via pressing high up the pitch. I do think the current top 5 will make up 5 of the top 6 though at the end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It's the top 2 that maters

Agree, play-offs is a lottery and as we seen two seasons ago, the best team doesn't always go up.

The season is based over 46 games not 3 games in the play offs. If a team has finished 3rd, perhaps they deserve to be promoted, maybe it see if the team finishing 3rd is actually good enough, maybe they should play the team finishing 3rd bottom of the prem home and away?

Fairer system? 

I

3 minutes ago, super rams said:

Agree, play-offs is a lottery and as we seen two seasons ago, the best team doesn't always go up.

The season is based over 46 games not 3 games in the play offs. If a team has finished 3rd, perhaps they deserve to be promoted, maybe it see if the team finishing 3rd is actually good enough, maybe they should play the team finishing 3rd bottom of the prem home and away?

Fairer system? 

I

No. Because a team that gains promotion is not the finished article until after the summer transfer window closes. 3rd bottom prem team will almost always be stronger by a decent margin. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

No. Because a team that gains promotion is not the finished article until after the summer transfer window closes. 3rd bottom prem team will almost always be stronger by a decent margin. 

The league finishes in May and as with other comps in UEFA -you cannot field another player that was registered after the final game of the comp [ sort of cup tied rule]

If the 3rd team is good enough for the prem then they have 2 games to prove it........

At the moment we have had teams doing nothing all season ....go on a run get into 6th position and managed to scrape the next 3 results  - find themselves in the prem.....No, finishing 3rd in your league proves over 46 games you are better than all those teams below you.

Archived