Come on Roy !

PearTree Ram

Burton Albion 2-1 Wrexham

Burton Albion boosted their chances of a Blue Square Premiership play-off place as they saw off fellow challengers Wrexham at Pirelli Stadium.

The hosts' fell behind to the Dragons' top scorer Jefferson Louis' 23rd-minute strike, but bounced back after the break. Striker Martin Butler hit back in the 57th minute and Lee Morris scored the winner in the 79th. But Morris was sent off in the 90th minute for a dangerous tackle.

Burton win again....i really hope that Roy can finish the job and win his first title as a manager this season....even though he got Bradford promoted in 81-2.

Those old enough, will probably remember that when he left Derby, he went to Bradford as a player manager and was doing quite well until he was sucked back into the BBG....a bit controversially it seems.

Was it the right move for him as a manager? I guess we'll never know....for that reason i hope he can do it with Burton...

Come on Macccccccccca !

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HE was only there to see the season out really.

He had earmarked his 55th birthday as his retirement but that was pushed back when Chesterfield asked him to take over as manager. So his 60th was definitely going to be "it" and after four years in north Derbyshire he finally retired.

Then, out of the blue, earlier this year Ben Robinson, chairman of Burton Albion called and asked if he had thought of returning to management.

Roy said: "It was a funny question but I told him the truth that I didn't want to. I was done with the seven-days-a-week, 24-hours-a-day work.

"A week later – and I had no idea Nigel was being considered for the Derby job – Ben rang again and said would I consider going to Burton to help them out as Nigel was going. If he had said would I be manager, I might have refused, but put that way I agreed to help.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Return-Mac/article-853154-detail/article.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Ret...il/article.html

Practically there now...

Burton 3-1 Histon

Leaders Burton are one win away from promotion to the Football League after this victory over Histon.

Aaron Webster's shot into the roof of the net set them on their way to the win with Darren Stride and Keith Gilroy also going close before half-time.

Andrew Corbett' shot into the top left corner made it 2-0, with Ryan Austin adding a third six minutes from time.

Neil Andrews headed in for the visitors in injury time but it was not enough to take the shine off Burton's win.

Archived