Ghost posts

Ovis aries

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why if you press quote intending to reply to a post , then change your mind and decide to reply to another post in the same thread , does the first header and post appear in you post box ?.

It's an autosave feature so if you have to go away and come back what you started to write is still there.

I know some hate it, some like it, can't please everyone and it's something hardcoded into the software.

Theres huge improvements to the editor that should be released before the season kicks off that will be easier clear the post box and handle quotes much easier.

It's an autosave feature so if you have to go away and come back what you started to write is still there.

I know some hate it, some like it, can't please everyone and it's something hardcoded into the software.

Theres huge improvements to the editor that should be released before the season kicks off that will be easier clear the post box and handle quotes much easier.

it's really awful when most of the time you are viewing the forum on a mobile. Can't the auto sane boot feature for mobile? 

Auto save* sorry predictive text disaster strikes again. 

Still not really sure what you're getting at, what's awful and are you saying the auto save feature doesn't work for mobile as it does for me.

Wouldn't say anything on the mobile is awful tho, I use it quite a lot and whilst there is a few quirky bugs going on it's still useable and much better than the other Derby forums have to offer. Even loads really quick in poor 3G areas.

The 3rd party creators of the editor have released a new version a couple of weeks ago, the forum software guys posted about a week ago they are halfway through updating it into the forum. They are also rewriting the way quotes work as they are aware of all the issues at the moment.

They are saying it won't be in the next update, maybe the one after or the next. Updates usually roll around every 2/3 weeks. Just takes time that's all, the software was completely rewritten from the last forum, not one line of code is the same so they are working through the bugs which have been found on different setups at the same time.

By the end of August I'd say, we will see a much more stable editor.

Archived