Porter hip op success

Day

STRIKER Chris Porter is determined not to become the forgotten man at Derby County after successful surgery on his hip.

The hip problem ruled him out of the final 10 matches of last season after he joined the club from Motherwell in January as manager Nigel Clough's first signing.

The injury did not clear up as expected during the summer break and so Porter (pictured) underwent surgery last month.

He had what is called a hip impingement, where some of the bone is shaved away.

Talking about the injury and the need for surgery, Porter said: "It was demoralising at first but I have dealt with it now in my own head.

"It turned out that there were a few things wrong with my hip.

"There were two pieces of bone that shouldn't have been where they were, so they have been removed and the operation was a success."

Porter is now focused on his rehabilitation.

"I realised I had to be positive and I know I'll be back from this," he said.

"It's now three weeks since the op and I've made good progress, I believe.

"I have to be on crutches for a while yet so I am a bit limited in what I can do."

Porter, who has made only three starts for the club, could be out until Christmas.

"I am hoping, if possible, to be back a little earlier than late December," he said.

"There are a lot of games over Christmas, so it would be good to be back by then.

"I am not writing my season off by any means.

"I don't want to be the forgotten man."

Porter hit three goals in three starts – two in the draw with Swansea City and one in the victory over Bristol City.

"Being out injured is frustrating after a good start to my Derby career," he said.

"I just want to get back to how I was playing in my first few games."

[url=http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Porter-hip-op-success/article-1316467-detail/article.html]http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Porter-hip-o...il/article.html

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived