Is this fried bread?

M.M

The other day I was really hungry but I only had bread. I didnt fancy toast so I googled how to make fried bread. Someone on yahoo answers suggested buttering both sides, sprinkling with sugar and frying in a bit of oil. However, it didnt turn on like what you expect fried bread to look like. It was sort of toast covered in oil with some burnt bits. Did I make it wrong or was the recipe incorrect?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just googled it - if you put fried bread you get the sweet version -Portuguese - which is the one you got M.M. if you add cinnamon as well its yummy - if you put fried bread recipe you get the breakfast kind.

For the fried bread:

For 'proper' fried bread it's best to cook it in a separate pan. Ideally, use bread that is a couple of days old. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and cover the base with oil. Add the bread and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy and golden. If the pan becomes too dry, add a little more oil. For a richer flavour, add a knob of butter after you turn the slice.

Originally posted by vicky-27;26126

For the fried bread:

For 'proper' fried bread it's best to cook it in a separate pan. Ideally, use bread that is a couple of days old. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and cover the base with oil. Add the bread and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy and golden. If the pan becomes too dry, add a little more oil. For a richer flavour, add a knob of butter after you turn the slice.

thats the way io cook it when ive made it

and i think with sugar it is french toast but couldnt honestly say if it tastes nice

Originally posted by M.M;26101

The other day I was really hungry but I only had bread. I didnt fancy toast so I googled how to make fried bread. Someone on yahoo answers suggested buttering both sides, sprinkling with sugar and frying in a bit of oil. However, it didnt turn on like what you expect fried bread to look like. It was sort of toast covered in oil with some burnt bits. Did I make it wrong or was the recipe incorrect?

Thats closer to French Toast tho not quite. Watch Road Trip there is a scene in there that tells you how NOT to make French toast

Originally posted by KungFooRam;26286

Thats closer to French Toast tho not quite. Watch Road Trip there is a scene in there that tells you how NOT to make French toast

haha this thread instantly made me think of thqt scene, but wasnt sur ei fthat was french toast or not

Originally posted by Boycie;26305

Does it envolve body fluids, typical american teen flick. Spunk for hair gel is another.

pretty much lol the guy complained that he didn't want sugar so the guy took it back to the kitchen licked off the sugar then proceeded to wipe his balls and ass on it /ohmy

Archived