Derby County v Stoke City

Day

Mceverley was abysmal.I didnt rate Pringle much either but to be fair i would rather judge him on a longer performance.Savage was MOTM for me.Nice to see Derby trying to pass the ball instead of the kick it as far as possible and chase it crap we had to watch last season.

I cant stand barnes,didnt boo him but i just cant stand him.

Still far from convinced regarding the defence.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They passed the ball for long periods of time, exactly as Sav said in his interview with our Martin in his blog. At times it wasn't going forward but possesion was kept. I heard a few idiots commenting on it being boring etc.

It was a remarkable change to see them holding onto the ball so much, and they reminded me of Swansea when they came to pp last season.

Ratty did confuse McEverley with a quick return pass to him that nearly ended up in a goal, but all in all, I think that it was a good effort.

The new boys looked good and the lad at the back Buxton, played well. Moxey had some good touches and ideas but was unlucky at times.

Barnes came on, and was looking for the ball at all times. Typical that he was to end up on the stretcher.

As for the last goal, who ever caught the cross full on the volley, Green? hit it sweet. The goalie stopped it with a reaction stop, Mendy was on the spot to score, fantastic. We never deserved to lose.

dunno mate.He will be off and I wont miss him.In fairness though that tackle yesterday was bad. I thought stoke were very physical for saying it was a friendly.Commons got kicked as soon as he came on.I wasnt impressed at all with stoke.Big struggle for them next season.

Originally posted by Dangerous;26065

dunno mate.He will be off and I wont miss him.In fairness though that tackle yesterday was bad. I thought stoke were very physical for saying it was a friendly.Commons got kicked as soon as he came on.I wasnt impressed at all with stoke.Big struggle for them next season.

The same i thought they looked poor, i thought we controlled large parts of the game, and looked bright, it was an immediate improvement of what we played like last season

the only problem was that formation didnt look like we were going to score, as good as davies is and i thought he worked hard, he cant play the loan striker.

i think if we were to play less organised teams then stoke wed get alot of joy, cause that was all they had going for them is that they new how they were going to play and played it there physical game.but it showed that if you get the ball down you can out [play them,

and i also missed the first 2 goals of the game, pearsons i missed cause i qued for 20mins to get a beer, and when i got to the front of the que they had run out off all foods! was disapointing to say the least

Que 20 mins for a beer? are you mad? you went to watch a footy match mate, you can have a beer after or before,

It's what nightmares are all about, missing the match. Mind you, my lad wanted a hotdog after the match, £3.20 I think, for a 6inch dick on dried up bread. Not good,

I saw two Pedigree wagons outside PP on Friday, so don't think they will run out of beer, wonder if it is the nearly out of date stuff still.

i was with a mate i hadnt seen in an age and he couldnt make it out after and he was gagging for a beer so it was worth it

but still no food and a20min que its crazy, thinks like that properly do my head in as i could of run that bar so much quicker!

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;26201

People always think how crap McEveley is and suggest removing him from the team. Then they remember the other option is Jordan Stewart.

But it shouldnt be..... should have been the one spot where we had backup's for the backup's!

Originally posted by MattyTheRam;26183

Jay Mac is sh1te, always has been.

Connolly is w*nk, " ".

thats 2 full backs, they were the main serious positions we have needed to strengthen and was obvious all the way through last season.

That's 1 ***** and a W@nk, Matty, will you mind your language, there may be little fecking ankle biters reading this forum.

Archived