McLaren

Grocutt

Johnson

Mills

Prijovic

Ojamaa

Forde

Latest Score

[url=http://www.flashscores.co.uk/detail/soccer.php?match=220767&gmt_offset=-3600&tab=1]http://www.flashscores.co.uk/detail/soccer...-3600&tab=1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris starts wide left, with trialists leading the line

Kris Commons made his first of pre season at the Pirelli Stadium, as the Rams returned to play Burton Albion for the second time during the warm up campaign.

Tonight's game is the Bass Charity Vase and see's Nigel Clough name three trialists in the starting eleven.

Cambridge City's Scott Neilson, who also played against Torquay, Berwick Rangers Fraser McLaren and Mark Grocutt, formerly of Stoke City.

Saul Deeney started in goal, with Jordan Stewart and Giles Barnes the two other first team pros in the line-up.

For Burton, young Rams keeper Ross Atkins is in goal and former Derby stars Marc Edworthy and Paul Boertien are in their starting eleven.

Derby County starting XI:

Deeney

Beardsley

Stewart

Johnson

Hanson

Barnes

Commons

Mendy

Neilson

McLaren

Grocutt

Subs:

Carroll

Mills

Prijovic

Ojamaa

Forde

Harrod scored - Common's hit the inside of the post :eek: - Ross Atkins is in goal for Burton - and Eddy is giving Commons a hard time - so it says on O.S. Boets is playing to, sounds like Mendy is playing well - bit i dont like is "Saun Harrod proving a real handfull for the Derby back four finding space in behind them on a number of occasions"

yep is all true, we were *****, they were ***** but not as bad as us. we gave them a very very very very very very very very very weak penalty.

roy carrol did play up front he had one brilliant touch and that was it

barnes was proberly our best player after the first 20mins.

mendy wasnt that good, got caught on the ball to many times for my liking

and im startinga hate jordan stewert campaign, he played possible the worst game of football ever. he didnt care never tracked back he was embarrasing

on the plus side we found out that burton only have one song, and it doesnt work after singing it 40 times to no response

Cheers for that Barrman i will join your Stewart campaign he has always been crap, how was Neilson - is he worth another look ?

Found out a bit more about the trialists.

Strikers Marc Grocott and Fraser McLaren also faced Burton.

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

Twenty-year-old Grocott has been with Stoke City and McLaren, also 20, is with Berwick Rangers.

He started at Livingston, joined Ayr United on loan and then signed for Gretna.

And thanks Martin for the pics.

nahh he was rubbish, the other two werent brilliant either to be fair, but if there for the development side they coould be allright, but there wasnt anything special there

but there was one lad who came on second half for neilson, i thik he was called mills, he had a good 20mins or so, had a bit of pace, won the ball back when he lost it he impressed me

Archived