Rams to honour former chairman Pickering

Day

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got poked on the back a few times last season asking me to sit down :mad: you can't if everyone else is standing up, some of them really irate about it. Stoke was the best atmpshere for standing last season i think - fab game. Wonder how Ptr is getting on with his petition

Try going in the North stand at PP, we had a penalty once and every fooker stood up, we had 3 old gits behind us shouting at us to sit down, turned round and said look if we sit down we can't see and they gave us some crap about them being in the war and should respect our eldest.

how dare you! he laid down his live in the war for you, how would you fancy being called bayen rams? that's what would have happened sonny.

now think about your actions, don't knock the misarable old gits living in the past. did we score the peno? can you rememberTHAT far back?

That entrance looks ridiculous.

Im going to sound controversial but I was never a fan of Pickering.I met him just after he took over the club and found him rude and not a likeable person.I have also been told by a good friend of his that he never really had any interest in Derby County.He was a big Derbyshire cricket fan and didnt care much for football.He saw Derby as a good chance to make a few quid.I know he got us out of the **** and for that im grateful and we also had some great times under his ownership for which I also give him credit,but lets not forget the sorry state of financial affairs this club was in when he left.He stayed at the club too long and refused to sell it to certain people for personal reasons.His friendship with Jim Smith didnt help either.It was obvious the death of his wife had an affect on him.

This is just my opinion,I dont expect many to agree.I will still partake in the days goings on though as he was part of a good piece of Derbys history.

P.S. Are we going to have a Robert Maxwell day?Every fan could come to the ground in inflatable armbands

Originally posted by vicky-27;25888

i got poked on the back a few times last season asking me to sit down :mad: you can't if everyone else is standing up, some of them really irate about it. Stoke was the best atmpshere for standing last season i think - fab game. Wonder how Ptr is getting on with his petition

couldn't stand or sing in the part where i was in with the stoke fans couldn't stop myself from jumping up and cheering when we scored though got a few dirty looks though

Archived