Personal message to the club

Uptherams

I think it would be nice if we could get a personal message, perhaps published in the Derby Telegraph, to the club. None of us are disappointed with the players. They are a fantastic bunch and we wish that they stick together and don't go their separate ways for next season. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. Performance in the long term is everything. I know it doesn't feel like it now but something special is happening at our beloved rams at the moment. This present group have been brilliant and they will only get stronger mentally next season. There is a team mentality, a way of playing and a positivity that is fantastic. This is just the start and the players should know that from the fans, because I am convinced that is the message SM is giving. Tired, £300 quid poorer, son in tears but we will come good. COYR.

We've a fine young team but disappointment is tangible, fact. Defeat like that hurts but there were crucial moments at both ends of the pitch where we didn't do our jobs properly.

The team can be improved - and needs to be - if we're to take it on from being so close, but so far, on Saturday.

We need stronger leadership on the pitch and more ruthlessness at both ends of the field. Scoring hatfuls of goals and letting crucial ones too often in just keeps TV producers and sports writers happy but not fans or club.

So much possession, but too much indecisive and ultimately unproductive football at Wembley cost us the big prize. It seemed inconceivable to lose but we beat ourselves.

Harsh comment perhaps - but it's a couple of long months until the fixtures are published - and they won't be the ones we expected to be reading for virtually the whole game at Wembley, that's the bottom line.

Archived