Just back.. The future

nfb

Just back from Wembley, sickener, yes, no doubt about it, we played them off the park,even in the 1st half,we were slightly better, 2nd half we started better than them too, but thet had a really great chance which they fluffed... and we  thought that was their chance, they fluffed it, now its ours.... then came the sending off, which kinda worked against us as they dropped right back,2 banks of 4 etc and we found that hard to break down, as we have against other sides that have done that (millwall etc) and we know the rest....

but...

I am not too downhearted, as i said before, i was worried that if we went up we would possibly get beaten most weeks, as i feared we would be underfunded, and the result of that would be that out come the moaners, and McClaren is sacked, as happens.

I think, and i would be surprised if i was wrong that plans have been laid for if we went up, and if we didnt, yes i think Hughes, Thorne and Wisdom will go, as well as others, but i think that Mac and Chris Evans will have players marked as replacememnts, and we will be stronger again next season, as i think around 6 will come in..

Theres another point too, if Mac had been sacked as a sacrificial lamb if we had been promoted, we would have probably still come down and been back to the manager merry go round... but, if next season works out as i hope, and we go up next year, ( i think even Brett Wison said it was unexpected and a bit earlier than expected this year ?)  i think we will be ready for it, with a stronger squad, and i also think that if we go up next year,  because it will be towards the end of Mac's contract, they will offer him a new one... So wont be so keen to sack him if we struggle at 1st. and he will see us safe and on to a brighter future..

All supposition and if and buts, but after today, i am trying to feel positive, instead of doom and gloom....

Onwards and upwards, in McClaren we trust ( well i do anyway )

C'mon you Rams fans.... who were magnificent today :wub:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devastated. 

But, I think the way we played today made it clear that we weren't quite ready for the Premier League. When a team goes down to ten men you need to win at any level and the gap in quality between here and there is a big one. Hopefully what happened today will not break us but make us stronger, and we can improve on what is an already excellent team in the transfer window. Personally I think that Thorne should be the priority but he will be difficult to get. Obviously we need a right back as well if Wisdom doesn't come back (he probably won't :( ). After that it's just about holding on to what we've got, but if we do lose Bryson and Hughes we need to spend the money wisely and replace them with quality players who are a good fit for the great style of play and atmosphere that we've had for what has been such an excellent season.

I think Thorne will be wanted by WBA, and he may well want to test himself in the Prem, who would begrudge him that, he's class, if we had gone up, he may have had a tougher decision to make....

The optomistic, pragmatic, stiff upper lip as i wrote yesterday has evaporated... i cant watch tv, read papers, i cant even read the internet etc cos all they talk about is QPR winning :unsure:

I'm going to be a hermit for a few days.....

I'll be back !

Archived