OFFICIAL: Owen joins Manchester United on a two-year contract

CumbrianRam

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one lucky guy, and what timing with the World Cup next year. Relegated with Newcastle, only clubs that were interested was Hull City and Stoke next thing you know he's joined the second best (obviously behind Derby) club in the world Man United. He should thank Benzema for joining Real otherwise he'd of been at Hull or Stoke having a medical instead.

I have a feeling this is Owen's comeback season, he's a natural goalscorer, you don't lose that ability. Obviously he's lost alot of his pace but the guys 29 now without all his injuries he have the pace he had as an 18 year old.

I hope he does well and strikes up a decent partnership with Rooney for England's world cup chances.

Originally posted by David;21503

I have a feeling this is Owen's comeback season, he's a natural goalscorer, you don't lose that ability. Obviously he's lost alot of his pace but the guys 29 now without all his injuries he have the pace he had as an 18 year old.

I hope he does well and strikes up a decent partnership with Rooney for England's world cup chances.

Yeah he will score a bagfull, had ***** service at Newcastle.

erm Hull,Stoke or Man Utd?

not a difficult decision is it really even with a reported 50% pay cut.

2 teams who will be struggling to stay up or playing Champions League football.

agree with you Cumbrian,he'll score goals there cos he'll get decent service

• 2 weeks later...

Archived