Kris Commons to Celtic

Newty Ram

Heard on talksport this morning that Celtic are getting a £3m bid ready.

2 things.

1,We need to keep him as for me on his day he's our best player

2,He's worth more than £3m

Also we have to build around players like this and not get rid and buy conference players.

What's going on????

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County have responded to speculation linking Kris Commons with Celtic by saying they have not heard from the Scottish club.

Reports today suggested Celtic manager Tony Mowbray has lined up a £3m bid for Commons.

But the Rams chairman of football, Adam Pearson, said: "We have heard nothing from Celtic and can only presume it is speculation.

“Kris is an important member of the team.â€Â

Derby have always said that it would take an offer of “silly†money for them to consider selling Commons

He's going no-where - i shall chain myself to the gates in protest

Boooooooooooooo seems to be a fans favourite, I reckon we should have that playing across the tannoy system as the players run on to the pitch.

I wouldn't consider £3m for Commons to be silly money, even tho I would guess that £3m is an OTT valuation when you consider players such as Surman going to Wolves for £400,000 and Anderson to Forest for £250,000. Hopefully Cloughie shares the same opinion and keeps hold of him for at least another season.

Celtic have made a £3.5million bid for Derby County's Scotland international winger Kris Commons, according to Sky Sports News.

The 25-year-old left-footed winger, who presumably is being considered as a replacement for Shunsuke Nakamura, was rumoured to have attracted the interest of Celtic last week, only for Derby to issue a statement denying any contact had been made.

Commons began his career with Stoke City, where he spent four years, before moving on to Nottingham Forest in 2004, where he spent a further four years before moving on to Derby in June 2008 on a free transfer. He made his international debut on August 20 last year.

There's little doubt this rumour - and Sky Sports News do tend to be accurate with these things - will create much debate as £3.5million for a 25-year-old who has spent his entire career outside of the English top-flight does seem step.

However, it is yet another indication that Tony Mowbray is being backed by the board as he looks to stamp his own mark on Celtic's squad. Commons is also a player who can play decent, technical football of the sort Mowbray has stated he wants Celtic to plan and the sort fans deserve to see.

It's possible Celtic's bid could initiate a bidding war as both Wigan and Newcastle were linked with a move during the January transfer window, although no bids were forthcoming. In any case, things are certainly starting to move at pace in the transfer market.

If we sell him for that amount of money I will get a razor blade and wrist slash.

At the moment, the man is our best player by a gulf of class. He is priceless at the moment, indispensable and we can't sell our strongest creative player.

I've said this before but if we're going to be promoted in the next three years Commons will be the talisman to do it. He is worth more than £60m to us.

Just because we're not a Premiership team doesn't mean it's "silly" money.

Anything less than ten million is an insult. He's our best player and we need him.

I'm doing my protest banner now - who is joining me

I hope Adam Pearson is as good as his word - Celtic are doing a deal at the moment for a striker as well - Marc Antone Fortune from Nancy for £3.8 m - hoping it's not true but ssnews are not usually wrong.

DERBY County say they have not received a bid from Celtic for Scottish interational Kris Commons.

It is being reported that Celtic have made a £3.5m offer for the 25-year-old who joined the Rams from Nottingham Forest a year ago.

But a Rams spokesman said: “There has been no formal bid but we are aware of interest from a number of clubs.”

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/rams-no-commons-bid-from-celtic]http://therams.co.uk/stories/rams-no-commons-bid-from-celtic

I thought they had McGeady on the left wing although reading a Celtic forum today they were saying it would allow McGeady to go to his favoured position on the right wing.

They also mentioned that we had enquired about one of their defenders, Naylor and O'Dea were the two names mentioned, how true I don't know.

A quote straight from the horses mouth. I give you Mr Kris Commons :-

"Unless Derby pull me to one side and say they have accepted an offer for me, then I am here for the next two years – guaranteed.

"I ignore the speculation and get on with playing for Derby."

taken from this story.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/sport/COMMONS-DISMISSES-TRANSFER-GOSSIP/article-1148206-detail/article.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/sport/CO...il/article.html

Here's one of the comments from that article

Sell him, he is a good player, once every 10 games or so! Far too injury prone, weak, not that fast, JUMPS OUT OF 50/50 TACKLES (or so he did against Florist) and I have never seen him win a header. Yes, he did score one or two spectacular goals last season but bar those can anyone else remember much about what Commons did for the cause? If someone comes in with an offer of £4m plus id say snap their hands off, especially considering we got him on a freebie. This article is not saying he is our player, hes not for sale, get lost. It is clearly saying he is available at the right price!! Commons reminds me a little of Kinkladze, just with less skill. After about 10-15 games everyone in the League knew how to play against him and he was ineffective for large amounts of time, surround him with more than one player and 9.5 times out of 10 you will win the ball from him!

Fess up! Who wrote that?

CELTIC manager Tony Mowbray has dismissed reports suggesting he is interested in Derby County winger Kris Commons.

A report yesterday afternoon said Celtic had made a £3.5m bid for the Scottish international.

Derby replied by saying no formal bid had been received but they were aware of interest from a number of clubs.

Now Mowbray has responded to the speculation.

“I saw that running the other day and I’m not sure where that has come from,” he said.

"He’s not a player we have discussed.

"It’s the power of TV. The whole world believes something if they see it running across their screens.

“If I was a supporter, I would probably have believed it also.”

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/celtic-dismiss-link-with-commons]http://therams.co.uk/stories/celtic-dismis...nk-with-commons

Archived