Sacked in the morning

CumbrianRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah not harsh for me - Adams is never a manager. Makes a good coach but doesn't seem to be able to make the step up to the number one job.

Feel sorry for him though - must be awful to have been a top defender and then see good centre backs such as Campbell/Distin make such rudimentary mistakes in games that cost you goals.

Pompey need to find a bit of form soon or they'll be up against it.

Any names mentioned as a successor?

No I meant as part of Redknapp's coaching staff - though I do agree with you, can't see him managing again.

Disaster at Wycombe and disaster at Pompey - some people just aren't cut out for it.

I reckon it'll be someone completely leftfield - Souness or Keane or some foreign manager a la Perrin.

Originally posted by gawa_ram;1762

No I meant as part of Redknapp's coaching staff - though I do agree with you, can't see him managing again.

Disaster at Wycombe and disaster at Pompey - some people just aren't cut out for it.

I reckon it'll be someone completely leftfield - Souness or Keane or some foreign manager a la Perrin.

I think it will be Redknapp :rolleyes:

Avram Grant is a good shout, as it's been mentioned he's been at the club already, did a decent job at Chelsea, just wasnt a big enough name for them at the end of the day.

Doubt they'd go for Jewell or Boothroyd, think they will both have to prove themselves again with a Championship club.

I don't deny Jewell is a decent manager and will find another 'Wigan' where he can establish himself again.

The problem is the most recent entry on his CV is, employed at Derby County in the hope he could keep them up in the Premiership or at least put up a fight, and he left us just over a year later struggling at the bottom of the Championship.

I don't blame PJ fully for our Premiership season, BD should shoulder most of the blame for the squad he assembled for the Premiership.

He messed up big time this season, his tactics were not right for the team he assembled. We have shown under Clough that this team can play football and is a happier team when playing football compared to hoofball.

Archived