NFL thread

Perky1106

Don't really get how it can go legal to be honest as the NFL are surely the final decision makers on anything as it's their league? They could pack up the balls and go home at any point.

Guess that's just me though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really get how it can go legal to be honest as the NFL are surely the final decision makers on anything as it's their league? They could pack up the balls and go home at any point.

Guess that's just me though.

I guess it's the way it's all structured together, I don't know though.

Perhaps it's on similar grounds to people taking companies to court for suspending them without pay. If he doesn't feel they have the evidence necessary to stop him from getting paid then I guess that's where the legal system comes in. I doubt those 4 games of no pay are going to do much harm to him, but that's the angle they'll target in court I reckon.

I guess it's the way it's all structured together, I don't know though.

Perhaps it's on similar grounds to people taking companies to court for suspending them without pay. If he doesn't feel they have the evidence necessary to stop him from getting paid then I guess that's where the legal system comes in. I doubt those 4 games of no pay are going to do much harm to him, but that's the angle they'll target in court I reckon.

Maybe it'll be keep the games and no fines then? I definitely want him missing time.

The actual matter of messing with the balls is irrelevant now. The difference it would have made is minute, and although against the rule, is only minor and other teams have avoided any major sanctions for doing similar in the recent past... however, it's the cover up that's the major problem.

If he had said at the time that he prefers them a little less inflated and he may have been involved in it and the equipment staff took it to the extreme blah blah blah, then he would have got a slap on the wrist.

Maybe it'll be keep the games and no fines then? I definitely want him missing time.

The actual matter of messing with the balls is irrelevant now. The difference it would have made is minute, and although against the rule, is only minor and other teams have avoided any major sanctions for doing similar in the recent past... however, it's the cover up that's the major problem.

If he had said at the time that he prefers them a little less inflated and he may have been involved in it and the equipment staff took it to the extreme blah blah blah, then he would have got a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, I agree. I think when this whole thing broke out everyone involved was a bit "they won't do anything so just act like nothing was done". Destroying his phone was just moronic. I hope he misses time too.

I think on the note of other people having done it, Aaron Rodgers is known to have over-inflated in the past. Nothing was done, because he wasn't accused of it, he just admitted to it of his own accord.

NFL preseason starts tonight! Even though I'll probably get bored after the first quarter, it's nice to at least have something.

I watched a little of it,and agree glad to have it back. My Redskins have the Browns this week in their first preseason game,interested to see how new guys do, albeit for a short time probably as is usually the case. Who are you a fan of pal?

I watched a little of it,and agree glad to have it back. My Redskins have the Browns this week in their first preseason game,interested to see how new guys do, albeit for a short time probably as is usually the case. Who are you a fan of pal?

KC Chiefs. :cool: I'm only about an hour or so from the stadium.I really wanted to go to a game this year, but textbooks. :unsure: 

KC Chiefs. :cool: I'm only about an hour or so from the stadium.I really wanted to go to a game this year, but textbooks. :unsure: 

Chiefs I think should have a shot at playoffs this season; signing Macklin I think was a good move for them, and Jamaal Charles is a very, very good rb imo.

Chiefs I think should have a shot at playoffs this season; signing Macklin I think was a good move for them, and Jamaal Charles is a very, very good rb imo.

ya I think so too. They could have made it last year if they didn't lose to the raiders and titans. <.<

ya I think so too. They could have made it last year if they didn't lose to the raiders and titans. <.<

I hope Skins can make a playoff push this season as well, as I do very much like the guys we drafted and the ones we signed this offseason. Never easy being a Skins fan lol, but hopefully this season will be a good one overall.

I hope Skins can make a playoff push this season as well, as I do very much like the guys we drafted and the ones we signed this offseason. Never easy being a Skins fan lol, but hopefully this season will be a good one overall.

How's RG3 been looking this offseason? Shame his potential had to be hampered by that injury. :(

There's some rogue Jets player who has punched Geno Smith and broke his jaw....

never dull in New York. 

Yeah, Smith out for 6-10 weeks needing surgery. Argument in the locker room over money apparently. "Something two sixth graders could have talked about" according to Bowles. Darrelle Revis commented: "I hold them both responsible".

Ryan Fitzpatrick delighted.

Yeah, Smith out for 6-10 weeks needing surgery. Argument in the locker room over money apparently. "Something two sixth graders could have talked about" according to Bowles. Darrelle Revis commented: "I hold them both responsible".

Ryan Fitzpatrick delighted.

Ah the Amish Rifle...

The Buffalo Bills Quarterback Battle is the only thing funnier than the Jets.

Ah the Amish Rifle...

The Buffalo Bills Quarterback Battle is the only thing funnier than the Jets.

Yeah, Rex Ryan's made a strange choice going there. They're surely going to have a great D but he's got exactly the same problems (possibly worse) than the problems that derailed him at the Jets. He should have gone somewhere with a great/good O and worked on improving the D, his specialty.

Yeah, Rex Ryan's made a strange choice going there. They're surely going to have a great D but he's got exactly the same problems (possibly worse) than the problems that derailed him at the Jets. He should have gone somewhere with a great/good O and worked on improving the D, his specialty.

I think they should go with Tyrod Taylor

Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas hasn't missed a regular-season snap through eight seasons.

Oh, he's been injured, but that hasn't caused him to miss one play.

Play NFL Fantasy Football!

On Tuesday, while brushing off what he considers a "minor" knee injury after getting rolled up during Monday's practice, Thomas casually revealed that he's played through multiple MCL tears and other assorted injuries.

"I've had three MCL tears in my career, so I know the severity of what it feels like and how it happens. I've had two high-ankle sprains," Thomas said, per the Akron Beacon-Journal. "You kind of know your body after a while and when they look at it and they see there's not swelling and there's minimal pain and you can do certain exercises, that's kind of how they determine [if a player needs an MRI].

Thomas declined the MRI and dismissed that playing through injuries are that big of a deal.

"You just suck it up. You're a lineman," Thomas said. "The great thing about being a lineman is you need to be quick and fast, but you don't need to be that quick and fast. So if you lose a little bit because you're hurt, it doesn't hurt you that bad. You can make it up with technique."

Thomas just penned the life motto for blockers: "Suck it up. You're a lineman."

Fair play that man. :lol:

Archived