Sell out clubs

EastAnglianRam

Please read my blog on the rebranding of football clubs.

http://sportingheros.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/eye-of-tigers-football-club-rebranded.html

How would you feel about the Derby Rams? Myself would not be overjoyed, but I probably refer to us as the Rams more than I do anything else anyway. It would be a tragedy if we were to change though, especially as one of the founder members. Think I'd rather mid table the rest of our time with a properly run club than some billionaire come in and change everything anyway.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only re-branding any club needs is success. A decent team and the rest falls into place.

A change of name for us is the one thing that might make me stay away. Probably wunt bother some, that's fair enough but we are known as the Rams anyway across the football world. We don't need to be called the Derby Rams FC or whatever.

I reckon the current owners sort of know this anyway and have no intention of changing it. The issue is when a megalomaniac single owner thinks he knows better than everyone else and wants to rebrand the club in his image.

Archived