Help I've got a burning itch

Day

I'm seeking medical advice from you lot which is slightly crazy I know but I can't be arsed to visit a doctor so here goes,for the last few days I've had a itch, not just any itch but a annoying burning itch like I'm sunburnt but not on the back of my left knee and on my waist but only on the left side, theres no rash or anything visable and its driving me crazy.

I've tried E45 cream and it cools it for about 30 mins and goes back to being a burning itch.

What should I do or put on it?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh there are so many jokes i could do - but i wont be that cruel ! has your missus changed the washing powder ? are you on any tablets that you might of reacted to ? - get down the chemist and try some antihistamine cream/tablets.

Originally posted by vicky-27;16585

Oh there are so many jokes i could do - but i wont be that cruel ! has your missus changed the washing powder ? are you on any tablets that you might of reacted to ? - get down the chemist and try some antihistamine cream/tablets.

Any new clothes? Machine chemicals from new clothes can **** you up pretty bad..

Did try some Ariel was liquid the other week but I doubt its that as the itch only in 2 places and there is no visable rash. I don't take tablets unless they will keep me alive and I've had no new sexual partners.

Might have to try some of this cream you have prescribed doctor, can you buy it over the counter?

I feel rather than find a cure for the itch, you need to find the problem. Now, you have taken note of Vicky's post - with the creams and tablets that can stop the itch for a while.. but ignored the post you should be paying attention to.

Stop the problem at route.

STOP

PIGS.

I've got fecking Shingles!!!

Another rash has appeared on the left of my back this morning itching like crazy, I went to the NHS website and did that online questionaire thing and came up with Shingles and it all read true.

1) Itchy 2 or 3 days before the rash appears, true!

2) Only effects one side of your body or face, true! my left side of my body.

Searched for pics on google images and its a identical rash! not the severe ones that take over you body but the small rashy ones. The missus has now sent me to the spare bedroom and put me in quarentene. :mad:

Archived