First day of the season

valleyram

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree with this and would also say that the pre-season friendly against Zenit the year before also cost us automatic when Thorne did his cruciates. Incredibly unlucky for the club twice in a row and it's a tribute to everyone that we're still up there fighting. Hopefully it's swings and roundabouts and at the end of this season everything will finally come good.

Correct , I know every club gets injuries but I've got to say we have been ill done with as its been very important players that have got long term injuries 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many teams go like the best part of 2 years without 3 or 4 of their core never playing together. 

Ok, you're not going to get 40 games of them all fit at the same time. But you'd like to think 3 of them could play together over half your matches.

Getting Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Martin together has been impossible. 

I dont think first day injuries cost us because on boxing day we were top of the league, we have a big squad fully capable of winning this league and coping with injuries, butterfield isnt as good as hughes but he is a top championship footballer and would walk into most teams barring maybe the top four clubs

The form after chrismas and clements pass, recycle and losing the dressing room cost us. We had a winning streak under him but the about of good performances we had under him xan becounted on one hand (or two fingers) wasnt long before we got found out under his tactics 

Although i do agree we'd have had a better chance with a fully fit hughes and bryson for the duration of the season we do have a very good squad. 

How many teams in this division have a better second choice goalkeeper than grant, a better third choice left back than Warnock? Or better second choice midfielders than butters & johnson and a better reserve striker than darren bent? Not many. On paper we have the best squad in this division 

Archived