Will we ever

vicky-27

Get rid of this tag ? :mad:

http://estb.msn.com/i/25/FAF8993681CBEA2DE8FA26A7C6BCThere are several ways to determine the most unsuccessful football team in the country, depending on how cruel you want to be. Among the professionals, Derby County would be pretty hard (make that pretty easy) to beat. Its performance last year left it the worst team in English Premier League history by seven different measures, according to the Independent: lowest points total, fewest goals, worst goal difference, fewest goals per game average in the history of the league and longest winless sequence to go with the quickest relegation.

If that sounds amateurish, consider the amateur teams themselves. Even Derby could probably beat Northend Thistle, from the Isle of Arran, off western Scotland. On last count Northend hadn’t had a victory since 1992 – who they vanquished, no one can remember.

“I’ve noticed that one or two of my players occasionally turn up for games slightly the worse for wear,†Matt Milne, the Northend captain, said, “but up in Lochranza there’s not a lot to do except go to one of the two pubs there, and our goalie owns one of them.â€Â

In terms of sheer frequency of losses, Staindrop Royal Oak would also have to be a contender for the worst team in Britain. When the Sun caught up with the players from Staindrop, Co Durham, last year they had an unbroken run of 64 losses (and one draw). If they do ever beat another team, the weight of their centre forward, 22st Lee Bailey, and fellow striker, 16st Andrew “Tank†Harvey, will presumably not be part of the winning formula.

[/COLOR]

[color=#07519a][/color]

<span style="color:#07519a">Preston anyone

[COLOR=#07519a]</span>

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived