Remaking Classic Films

HenryKrinkle

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I cannot understand why the Hollywood machine needs to keep remaking films - expecially when the originals aren't that old...I suppose it's just lack of creativity/originality.

Anyway, today I found out that they are remaking Scarface......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHY???????????

Can anyone name a film remake that was as good/better than the original....?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I cannot understand why the Hollywood machine needs to keep remaking films - expecially when the originals aren't that old...I suppose it's just lack of creativity/originality.

Anyway, today I found out that they are remaking Scarface......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHY???????????

Can anyone name a film remake that was as good/better than the original....?

Which Scarface are you talking about? The most popular version was the 1980's classic with Al Pacino which itself was a remake of the original 1932 version.

Quite an irony really if you refer to the remake.

Lord of the rings? or was that a TV series many years ago?

I think that was a cartoon?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Karate Kid, I spit on your Grave, Last House on the Left, Bad Lieutenant, Italian Job, Footloose (?!), Alfie, Arthur, Assault on Precinct 13 and so on...just a few that have been done in the last few years.

Just leave 'em alone for FFS!!

I suppose they did go through that phase of remaking 50's B-Movies in the 80s - I most were pretty good - The Thing, The Fly etc

Which Scarface are you talking about? The most popular version was the 1980's classic with Al Pacino which itself was a remake of the original 1932 version.

Quite an irony really if you refer to the remake.

Oh yes...George Raft was it?

I suppose I mean one's that are more fresh in recent memory - was the 80s really that long ago!??

Archived