British Olympic football team

Shake n Bake

Sorry if this has been posted, but I couldn't see a thread.

Just wondered what everyones thoughts are on the divided opinions surrounding a British football team at the Olympics. I personally think it'll just be an england team with Bale and Ramsey.

Is it worth going to all this effort to field a team in a competition that doesn't count for much in world football?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just know that the real reason that the Celtic FAs are kicking off is because they know that they'll be humiliated by the squad selection.

If it really is that they think FIFA will try and then force a Team GB on them for future competition then they're taking paranoia and little man syndrome to whole new levels of stupidity.

I think the FA have got this one spot on - We'll pick who we want and then it's up to the player to decide whether or not they want to play - that gets around the whole stupid 'racist' argument that Scotland were trying to put forward a few days ago. C**ts. :rolleyes:

I think with the Jocks you'll get the whole Celtic - Rangers conflict. If a Celtic player wanted to play for team GBthe fans would no doubt send a parcel bomb to him. The other thing is a lot of the Celtic nations players are actually English players whose Aunt once visited Scotland or wherever...

What are the chants going to e?....or is it like Under 21 games where it's really quiet til England get near the opposition box, and a load of kids scream.

Just to wind up the jocks everyone should just carry on chanting "Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land, En-ger-land".......:D

Archived