Junk Food shop closed down

vicky-27

A junk food restaurant was shut down yesterday because it was to close to a school. Cops swooped on Bamboo Joint under new rules to help beat obesity. The takeway that opened 6 weeks ago was given three days to close. Fast food joints are also banned near parks and leisure centres and must be at least 400 yards from other restaurants in Waltham Forest London.

So if was 500 yards away it would of been ok :confused:

How was it given the go ahead then ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mad: Ridiculous.

I'm not going to take the government and Jamie f*ck*ng Oliver's pathetic junk food vendetta seriously whilst they're sitting there making enormous profits on taxing cigarettes and alcohol which also have damaging effects on our bodies.

So they decide to let a small business open and then close it just to make us healthier when it is our own choice.

I've got nothing against Jamie Oliver promoting eating healthier food in schools etc. I remember when I was at school it was either sausage roll and Chips or chips and sausage roll for dinner, is it any wonder kids go and spend the dinner money on crisps and other crap.

It's all about eating in moderation, it's unfair on the non-fat kids who fancy some junk food one day, what I would do is put a weight restriction on buying junk food. I know you can get other people to buy it for you as that happens with fags and alcohol, but can you imagine a fat kid stood out side the corner shop asking people to buy him a bag pof crisps lol, he'd end up getting the piss taken out of him which will result in him wanting to lose weight.

I know I know I should be made Prime Minister but they won't have me.

Fish Dickens for PM

I agree with that - if you go to any leisure centre they have those machines full of sugary drinks/snacks and most supermarkets still have the sweets next to the till - most kids know about healthy eating - it's the parents that don't - or can't be bothered - can't remember what the percentage is but its quiet high of children that dont know how to use a knife and fork as the just have junk at home. What i don't get is that if that shop was just 100 yards further it would of been allowed to stay open :confused: doesn't make sense.

I agree. Jamie's message about eating healthier is good, but he has made money out of something the government should have done years back and he has used it to boost his PR and ego even more.

Junk food is ok and it's about having the common sense to limit yourself, like only one fast food meal a week or something. Fast food is tasty, Pizza is delicious, I love Fish and chips but it should be a treat.

It's unfair on the responsible who can moderate their portions that treats which have been eaten and enjoyed for years should be taken away.

This made me laugh, so make it your signature.

Originally posted by David;11548

I know I know I should be made Prime Minister but they won't have me.

It just shows how poor our government is that a celeb chef has to make them realise that kids in public schools are eating crap and are in adult sized clothes before they reach puberty. All these bigwigs in charge of the country are not in touch with the real world thats the problem.

Archived