Forum Server Move (10/06/11)

Day

Sorry for the lack of warning but tomorrow the forum will be moving server once again, due to the forum getting bigger and more popular we have outgrown shared hosting now and need our own dedicated server. Think of it as moving on from nappies to pants.

Dedicated servers come at a cost, for that reason I will be introducing small amounts of advertising to the forum, not quite the levels you saw on the DET forum or the new thisis site now. I'm talking about 1 small banner in the sidebar or under the forums which you will hardly notice.

I'd like to give you a time although its impossible with things like these. The actual move will be quite quick, what takes the time is the domain name pointing to the new server, they say this can take 24-48hrs although this is to cover their arses, past experience it has only took 2-3hrs.

I will keep the Twitter page update with the progress, even if you are not on Twitter bookmark us

http://www.twitter.com/dcfcfans

I'm closing this thread as you lot will no doubt spam it with some random pictures of nappies and pants :D

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived